$174
$152
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
Residence Inn Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$286
$224
Amelia Hotel at the Beach(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
Hotels.com
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge(Fernandina Beach)
$372
$305
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$414
$296
Agoda.com
$235
Florida House Inn(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
Orbitz.com
$519
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,663 results
All reviewshistoric districtgreat locationtrain trackswithin walking distanceamelia islandshops and restaurantsthe breakfast areahotel is locatedking suitelight sleeperdowntown areacomplimentary breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffshort drivecookies
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We arrived in Fernandina at 9:00 on a Sunday night, and found the Hampton Inn. The front desk clerk was very accomodating and professional. She found us a good rate and a great room. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the room was very clean. (I'm a bit of a stickler about room cleanliness). Although there are trains that pass through, we didn't find them distracting (and we had the rooms closest to the tracks). Breakfast was good, and the location was excellent. There is a wonderful saloon right across the street and restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, request a room away from the RR tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blueskyfive
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites at Fernandina Beach for one night only. We choose the king studio suite, and it was a lovely clean and spacious room. Our bed was firm and comfortable, providing a great nights sleep!

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel was very clean and spacious and upon arrival we had a coffee with some cookies which was nice. Later there was a managers welcome drinks of wine and appetisers (which was ok but nothing spectacular - I guess it's something to get you started before heading out)

The hotel was conveniently located within a very short walking distance next to some great restaurants and bars. We  had our dinner at a restaurant called 29 South Eats which was great and I can highly recommend, only a few minutes walking distance from the hotel  (the restaurant  had a great selection of wines!).

While there we used the hotels gym which on appearance looked satisfactory, clean and well facilitated. I always try and get a 45 minute work out on most days and unfortunately when on vacation most hotels fitness centres often contain older equipment that are in need of repair. This fitness centre had some cardio machines which worked fine (though slightly dated) but the weight machines had a few broken cables that were fixed by some make shift fixture using tape and tying the cable wires together which looked to unsafe to use - if a hotel offers a fitness centre then why not ensure all equipment is suitable for use?

Breakfast was not that great, but ok. I guess with food it depends how fussy you are and your expectations. I was not expecting anything like a fully cooked breakfast or gourmet dishes but based on quality of what was on offer we actually skipped breakfast and walked to a nearby coffee house and grabbed a bite to eat there.

The hotel itself is clean, friendly, and is in a great location. We liked our room, and enjoyed our stay. My only complaint was the gym, and breakfast but many people do not use hotel fitness facilities so I don't think this complaint should deter you from choosing or selecting this hotel. It's location and clean rooms was a big bonus in comparison to some other locations we considered. Again breakfast was not that great but based on the location you shouldn't be eating breakfast there in the first place! There were some great local spots around the corner serving fresh coffee and breakfast dishes.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex200274
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Apart from the whistle at 3.00am every moring from the loco going to the paper mill, this hotel is really good.
The service is as you would expect in a Hampton and the staff always friendly and attentive.
The location is fine, two minutes to the yacht marina and board walk, and just off the main street of Fernandina, great shops and restaurants. Also very quiet, only saw one police !
No gangs of louts to be seen, hooray !

Room Tip: Probably not adjacent to the railway
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am Diamond HH member and stayed for a single night with my wife over weekend. We have stayed here several times as we enjoy going to Fernandina beach. Quite little town with some great places to eat. This is a great hotel as the location is perfect. You can walk out the door and be steps from anything you want to do. As far as the hotel goes, it is a Hampton so dont expect the Ritz (not that Ritz is all it is cracked up to be, but that is another review!). The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Was given a nice room with a view of the water. Only issue there is the train tracks go right by the building. Didnt really cause any issues for us. Room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable and TV has large flat screen with HiDef channels. Does have window unit AC which gets to be noisy!

We spent some time at the pool and would recommend some additional seating there as we had no place to sit down. Bit crowded that day. Never used the Wifi so not sure how that was.

Breakfast was top notch for Hampton. They do a great job keeping that area clean and inviting.

Any time we go back to the area this is the place we prefer to stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice if they have view of the water. Watch out for noise from the Trains on that side of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights mid-August. They had a special during the week to stay for 3 nights and get one free. As a lot of reviewers have stated this is a lovely hotel located within the historic district. This is a great location for walking to restaurants, shops, marina, tours, etc.

I booked a 2 bed suite and requested a balcony. Although I was told there were only about 5 rooms with balconies, I did receive one. It overlooked a street with a couple restaurants and was actually quiet. The room (actually 2 rooms) were very spacious with the kitchenette, couch, chairs, a bar to eat at and then the other room contained the beds and bath. There were two flat screen televisions. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

The pool looked nice as did the fitness facility. Breakfast each morning was very good. There was a variety each day along with two strengths of coffee regular and bold. Coffee drinkers will appreciate this. The breakfast room was very comfortable, nicely decorated and spacious. The ladies attending to it kept it clean and stocked. They were pleasant.

The overall appearance of this hotel is very charming. It has a very southern feel, especially the lobby so because of this and the location, cleanliness, comfort and inclusive breakfast, this hotel is an excellent choice and value.

There is only one negative that comes to mind regarding my stay. The lobby while charming was a little small. So, every time I would enter or leave (many times during the day), the front desk personnel never greeted or acknowledged me. Sometimes, if they would look up, they would immediately put their head back down. I'm hesitant to mention this, because whenever I had a question or needed asssistance, I did receive it but the lack of a smile or greeting when entering or leaving was very noticeable.

Tip: if you get a powerade or vitamin water from the small shop beside the front desk, it will cost you $4.00. If you get it from the vending machines on each floor, the cost is $2.00.

Overall, this is a lovely hotel and definitely a great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family