1,678 results
All reviewshistoric districtgreat locationtrain trackswithin walking distanceamelia islandshops and restaurantsthe breakfast areahotel is locatedking suitelight sleeperdowntown areacomplimentary breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffshort drivecookies
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights mid-August. They had a special during the week to stay for 3 nights and get one free. As a lot of reviewers have stated this is a lovely hotel located within the historic district. This is a great location for walking to restaurants, shops, marina, tours, etc.

I booked a 2 bed suite and requested a balcony. Although I was told there were only about 5 rooms with balconies, I did receive one. It overlooked a street with a couple restaurants and was actually quiet. The room (actually 2 rooms) were very spacious with the kitchenette, couch, chairs, a bar to eat at and then the other room contained the beds and bath. There were two flat screen televisions. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

The pool looked nice as did the fitness facility. Breakfast each morning was very good. There was a variety each day along with two strengths of coffee regular and bold. Coffee drinkers will appreciate this. The breakfast room was very comfortable, nicely decorated and spacious. The ladies attending to it kept it clean and stocked. They were pleasant.

The overall appearance of this hotel is very charming. It has a very southern feel, especially the lobby so because of this and the location, cleanliness, comfort and inclusive breakfast, this hotel is an excellent choice and value.

There is only one negative that comes to mind regarding my stay. The lobby while charming was a little small. So, every time I would enter or leave (many times during the day), the front desk personnel never greeted or acknowledged me. Sometimes, if they would look up, they would immediately put their head back down. I'm hesitant to mention this, because whenever I had a question or needed asssistance, I did receive it but the lack of a smile or greeting when entering or leaving was very noticeable.

Tip: if you get a powerade or vitamin water from the small shop beside the front desk, it will cost you $4.00. If you get it from the vending machines on each floor, the cost is $2.00.

Overall, this is a lovely hotel and definitely a great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I seldom write a review of Hilton properties since they consistently deliver a superior product. This Hampton does that - but way beyond what we expected. When I entered our room I was surprised to find a sitting room with full sized refrigerator, chair, couch, HDTV, and real working gas fireplace! Passing through we found the bedroom with normal furnishings plus a ceiling fan. The pool is huge on the second floor outside the breakfast area. This area is reached from the lobby by a grand staircase (or elevator). Hampton Inn - it was much more like the Ritz but at Hampton price!
By the way - the hotel faces the marina and is just steps from there or the main shopping area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yaresor
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I liked staying at the Hampton inn, despite the large number of weddings that the hotel was hosting. Not that mattered, it was a comfortable night's stay in one of their suites and their location within the quaint downtown area is also very helpful. Walking around at night is also not an issue as there are several pubs that stay open late. Noise was not an issue despite the wedding guests. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is located near the marina right in the middle of the downtown area. Walk to restaurants and shopping. The beach is a bit of a drive, but I prefer the off-beach location for the night-time activities.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is near the marina, ask for a marina view. Don't know if they have such, but it's worth asking. When I visited I was just lucky to get a room of any kine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank icestorm22
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times. It is a charming hotel - not your typical Hampton Inn in Historic Fernandina Beach. There is plenty to do in the area from boutique shopping to four-star dining. The rooms in the hotel are clean and roomy. The front desk staff is always helpful. If you are a light sleeper, I recommend a room that doesn't face the train tracks as the train gets loud very early in morning. The only small drawback is the lack of parking. I have had to park accross the street in the overflow parking area, which can get pretty messy on rainy days. Nevertheless, I recommend this hotel for a vacation!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business