We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights mid-August. They had a special during the week to stay for 3 nights and get one free. As a lot of reviewers have stated this is a lovely hotel located within the historic district. This is a great location for walking to restaurants, shops, marina, tours, etc.
I booked a 2 bed suite and requested a balcony. Although I was told there were only about 5 rooms with balconies, I did receive one. It overlooked a street with a couple restaurants and was actually quiet. The room (actually 2 rooms) were very spacious with the kitchenette, couch, chairs, a bar to eat at and then the other room contained the beds and bath. There were two flat screen televisions. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.
The pool looked nice as did the fitness facility. Breakfast each morning was very good. There was a variety each day along with two strengths of coffee regular and bold. Coffee drinkers will appreciate this. The breakfast room was very comfortable, nicely decorated and spacious. The ladies attending to it kept it clean and stocked. They were pleasant.
The overall appearance of this hotel is very charming. It has a very southern feel, especially the lobby so because of this and the location, cleanliness, comfort and inclusive breakfast, this hotel is an excellent choice and value.
There is only one negative that comes to mind regarding my stay. The lobby while charming was a little small. So, every time I would enter or leave (many times during the day), the front desk personnel never greeted or acknowledged me. Sometimes, if they would look up, they would immediately put their head back down. I'm hesitant to mention this, because whenever I had a question or needed asssistance, I did receive it but the lack of a smile or greeting when entering or leaving was very noticeable.
Tip: if you get a powerade or vitamin water from the small shop beside the front desk, it will cost you $4.00. If you get it from the vending machines on each floor, the cost is $2.00.
Overall, this is a lovely hotel and definitely a great value for the money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn Fernandina Beach
- Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front Fernandina Beach, FL