1,678 results
All reviewshistoric districtgreat locationtrain trackswithin walking distanceamelia islandshops and restaurantsthe breakfast areahotel is locatedking suitelight sleeperdowntown areacomplimentary breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffshort drivecookies
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've stayed at numerous Hampton Inns along my way to some final destination. I've never seen one as nice as this. The entire staff were efficient, helpful, and friendly. Upon check-in, Keebra at at the front desk upgraded us from a standard king room to one with a whirlpool. We had no interest in the tub, but it was a very nice gesture nonetheless. The room was nicely appointed with a gas log fireplace, spacious bathroom with a tiled stand-up shower. Yes, tiled. Not resin cast. It was a nice touch and felt so much cleaner than the typical hotel tub with a mold spore laden shower curtain The whirlpool tub, comfortably large enough for two, is adjacent to the bed. The room was clean and the linens were fresh. The overall condition of the property is very good.

Location! Location! Location! The hotel's location at the foot of Centre Street is the ideal home base. Dozens of antique and gift shops, restaurants and sweet shops are a short stroll from the hotel.

The hotel was a good value at $131 for the night on July 8, 2012.

1  Thank tvlawyer
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I loved this hotel, great location, very convenient, loved the pool and the breakfast was great every morning. However, the reason they got 2 stars from me is that I was trying to coordinate something with the hotel for our anniversary before I went, sent 2 emails, and never heard back from anyone. So I did something else which was fine, but the fact that they didn't even get back to me led to me to believe once your room is booked then they don't care too much about their guests.

Room Tip: There is a train that comes twice a day on the harbor side of the hotel, I never heard it but there are signs up everywhere about it.
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for having chosen our Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island; we appreciate your business. We are very dissappointed to not have been able to plan your special occasion with you and/or for you. As you can see from our TripAdvisor reviews, we excel at creating memories for our guests. To ensure our lines of communication are working appropriately, please contact our General Manager at 904-491-4911 or via e-mail at bob.ramshaw@hilton.com so we can research which e-mail you used and where it went. We hope to hear from you soon...

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just came back from staying at this hotel for 5 days and it was wonderful! Parked the car and could walk right outside to the Historical District and all the shops and eateries! Super location and the room with a King size bed and the suite, you could not ask for more. Free breakfast is your typical, hot and cold cereal, fruit, yogurt and waffles, plus a different egg dish daily.
Jennifer at the front desk was just awesome, kind and so helpful!
The only drawback is you need to drive to the beach, which just a couple of miles, with free parking there also. Hopefully someday to go back!

2  Thank Rainey D
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our family enjoys quick getaways to the beach, and we have spent our honest hard earned money on lesser hotels before..... this hotel gives you a feelling of satisfaction from the moment you check in, until the moment that you check out, and even on your ride home. Amazing staff throughout the entire hotel, everything that we needed was taken care of quickly and efficiently. This hotel provides military discounts, a pool, a business office with internet, printer, etc, a continental breakfast that sets the standard for all other hotels, friendly staff, super clean facility, room key card access to mostly all exterior & interior doors, 24 hour surveillance throughout the facility, and so much more. Now there is a train that comes through occasionally, but its tolerable, and the kids liked it, LOL.
This place is a must stay for anyone who wants an awesome getaway to Amelia Island. Just a few minute drive to the beach, an amazing historical downtown area, shopping & restaurants within walking distance, and a very nice clean environment for the family to sleep, eat, and enjoy their vacation in. Thank you Hampton Inn staff .... your Amelia Island location in the historic downtown district has exceeded our expecations, and has set a standard for all other Hampton Inn hotels to learn from.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the harbor, while others do not.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GA-Wolfpack5
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed at Hamptons all over the country-- I wish they would all take note of the "little extras" at this location. The decor is beautiful and comfortably elegant. I loved the old curved staircase in the lobby! We had a very spacious and immaculate 2 Queen Suite with kitchenette. The only negative was the small bathroom, but how much time do you spend in there anyway? Breakfast choices were plentiful this morning: Homemade cinammon rolls, biscuits & gravy and cheese omelets. The breakfast room is really unique with a combination of high tops, tables and comfy arm chairs. I loved the hanging sculputures of sea gulls flying overhead in front of a lovely mural of sand dunes and white puffy clouds. The breakfast area overlooks the pool located on the 2nd floor. You have a really nice view of the marina across the street. Just park your car (for free) and stroll to many nearby restaurants and shops. I am starting to see a trend with a few select Hampton Inns having a very boutique and local style. This one is a winner!

Room Tip: ** There is a train that runs right behind the hotel. It only comes through twice a day and did not bother me at all. Ask for a room away from the tracks.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family