The Hampton Inn and Suites in historic Fernandina, Amelia Island is an attractive, comfortable hotel in a great location. The hotel is conveniently in the heart of the historic area on 2nd Street between Center and Ash. Front Street and the bay are at the far end of the hotel.
Train tracks do run between Front Street and the bay, but our view of the bay was worth the possible noise of trains. Sunset on the bay was very pretty. We actually heard the train late (before bedtime) once on our first night. The second night, a train rolled through about 10:15 P.M. and another one around 5:20 A.M. We were glad that nothing disturbed our sleep during the middle of the night.
The hotel staff is exceptional. Everyone we encountered (check in, breakfast, cleaning, and maintenance) was cheerful and seemed happy to be working there. I needed to send a fax while there, and the front desk staff cheerfully and efficiently accommodated me.
The attractive breakfast area is large, and every space was well used for the breakfast buffet and guests seating. The options were plentiful and good. The only thing we didn’t like was the chairs which seemed a little large and cumbersome for the tables and space.
The business center is comfortable and secure – entry is only allowed with a room key card. Both PCs have good connectivity, monitors have great resolution, and each PC has a dedicated printer. I especially liked the fact that both computers are set up so that temporary files are deleted as each guest logs off.
The fitness center has several different pieces of equipment. The treadmill works well. The room has glass walls on 2 sides making the space feel large and open.
Our king room was very attractive and clean as was the bathroom. The below window heat/cooling unit was efficient. The microwave and refrigerator were useful. The bed was very comfortable.
The Hampton Inn and Suites is a great place to stay. I definitely want to return to Amelia Island and to this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn Fernandina Beach
- Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front Fernandina Beach, FL