“Good food, good prices”

Cuisines: American
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I ordered the side salad and a bowl of corn chowder. Hubby ordered boneless chicken wings. He asked for naked but got red sauce, which he doesn't like but ate anyways. Two beverages and the check came to about !25 with tip. Great service and tasty food. Many low cal selections on the menu.

• Visited July 2013

Amelia Island, Florida
“Good service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went to lunch here around 2pm not many people which is a plus for us.Our waitress Jenn was very friendly and nice.The food is just ok there were ants around the window and the bread sticks were rock hard.I would come again but ask for Jenn!

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Terrible Service, Unfriendly Staff, Manager doesn't help problems”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped at this Applebee's one night while vacationing in Fernandina because the "children eat free on Tuesday's" caught our attention. When we walked in, we stood up front for more than three minutes before we were acknowledged, then the hostess acted like she was annoyed to have to do any work. We were seated and that's when the really bad stuff started.

We waited, literally, 10 full minutes before our waiter finally stopped by to introduce himself and ask for our drink orders. We gave him our orders and then he disappeared for another 10 minutes. He finally brought us our drinks and they were watered down. He took our food orders, and I ordered a side salad with my meal. I made a point of saying I wanted the salad before my meal, but that didn't happen. We waited over 30 minutes for our meal. This was irritating because it wasn't like we'd ordered anything extraordinary. My husband and I both ordered a steak and our children ordered chicken tenders. My husband requested mushrooms atop his steak. When the food finally arrived, his mushrooms weren't there. It took us another 10 minutes to get our waiters attention again to let him know they were missing. He said he would order them from the kitchen. We asked him if in the meantime, he could refill our sweet teas. Over the next 20 minutes, we asked FOUR SEPARATE TIMES for tea refills. I finally stopped the hostess as she was walking by and asked her "how many times do you have to ask your waiter for a refill before you actually get one"? That was when we finally got a refill! He then said, "oh, we had to make more tea". Well, geez, you couldn't just tell us that?

He could tell we were very upset by the time my husband finally received his grilled mushrooms, (which looked like over-grilled onions), that he asked what we were upset about. We told him we were tired of waiting so long for everything, only to have the order not correct, my steak not done right, our teas not refilled, etc. He didn't apologize, acted like he was irritated that we weren't happy and said he'd get the manager. He came back by our table a few minutes later and said the manager would be right out. We waited a while more. He came back by our table and said the manager was going to comp our entire meal, and would be out to talk with us shortly. We waited 10 more minutes and a nice lady came to the table. She said the manager was "too busy" to break away right now and sent her to handle it instead. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The manager is "too busy" to tend to an upset customer?

At the end of the day, they did comp us our meal, but honestly, that was the least they could do with how terrible the service was. The food was ok, but cold and we had to wait too long for everything. Plus, aside from the lady the manager sent out, all other staff acted like they'd rather be anywhere but there.

We love the Applebee's by our home and thought we'd be just as happy here, but turns out, that's not the case at all. We will never, ever eat here again!

• Visited June 2013
“Unfriendly Staff”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I wanted a quick dinner and wanted some place familiar so we went to Applebee's....bad choice. The staff was very rude and even argued with my husband when he said there wasn't any dressing on his salad. We love the Applebee's in our hometown but, obviously all Applebee's aren't the same. Very disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Atmosphere was great, food just so-so...”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

5055 J Turner Butler Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32216

It was open mike night and the talent was awesome! Food was just okay. The staff was really great and we had a fun time, it just didnt seem like the cooks wanted to work. Had a luke warm meal, and I could have had them same thing in about 75 fast food joints nearby.

Visited May 2013