Having read the last few reviews I was a bit apprehensive regarding the construction work that was mentioned. However I needn't have worried. All the work mentioned has been done & there was no sign of it or any disruption because of it. This hotel is an amazing place, in an amazing location. The style is very classical. All Italian marble & stunning chandeliers. The staff are exeptional! Nothing is too much trouble for them - & so polite!! Whenever I ordered room service, the person delivering it would introduce themselves at the door and ask permission to enter the room. All staff knew my name & I was even more impressed when the door to the cab delivering me to the hotel was opened by a young porter who also knew my name!! I went to the concierge's office one morning to enquire about something & he asked whether I had explored the hotel yet. As it was my first morning I said I hasn't, so he immediately took me on a guided tour, introducing me to all of the restaurant staff as we called by. He gave me his card & was exceptionally helpful throughout my stay.
Amelia island is a 'barrier' island with protected sand dunes which are a haven for wildlife. You are not allowed to walk on the dunes, so there are boardwalks from the hotel across the dunes to the beach, which make a really unusual feature that just adds to the overall charm of the place. The hotel also have love seats & wood burning braziers nestled around in secluded little areas among the dunes, where they will provide you with a duvet, and marshmallows to snuggle up next to a brazier and watch the sunset - how romantic & amazing is that?? There are free activities arranged by the hotel almost everyday, from salt tasting ( ! ) to collecting sharks teeth along the beach.
The whole place is spotlessly clean - the grounds are immaculate. The spa pool (separate to the main inddor & outdoor pools), is amazing. It's a heated, salt water pool, far better than the others in my opinion. If you're not using the spa, you can pay $25 per day & have exclusive use of all the spa facilities. This is definitely worth doing. Fot that you get access to the spa pools, changing rooms, sauna, steam rooms, relaxation rooms (ladies & co-ed) which have complimentary hot & cold drinks & snacks & endless towels. Hair dryers/hair spray / deodorant etc etc. You can come & go as you please all day - very well worth while. The food in all the restaurants is exceptional (though can be a bit pricey in 'Salt', but it has won awards for it's food & service). I can't fault it & would love to return someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in southern charm at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. With miles of pristine beaches to explore, you’ll find yourself basking in the glow of the sun as you swim, relax or walk along the sandy shore. As one of the most popular beach destinations on the East Coast, this luxury hotel in Florida provides a welcome barrier between you and the world beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton - Amelia Island Hotel Amelia Island
- Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
- Ritz Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL