“Awesome bakery”
Review of Chez Lezan Bakery

Chez Lezan Bakery
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our family has been using Chez Lezan for over a year; both as a place to order delicious pastries and to order specialty cakes for family birthdays. Each cake is truly a work of art and better than any cake we have gotten from big city bakeries. This Christmas was decided to order an Yule Log. We were amazed by the level of artistry that went into the design. Needless to say it also tasted wonderful!

1  Thank Zlady61

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We are traveling by sailboat on the ICW and when we arrive in a town, we always search for the best bakery. When we discovered Chez Lezan and we met Dottie the baker,we knew we were right on. Fresh baked bread made with love such as maple molasses, sundried tomato and asiago, rosemary Parmesan ....and many more delicious pastries.This past visit was our third trip to Fernadina and Chez Lezan is always top on our list not only for great bread but a big hug from Dottie!

1  Thank NoankStarr
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We went to Chez Lazan on the recommendation of a trip advisor reviewer who said the chocolate croissants were the best s/he had ever had. With an endorsement like that how could we NOT go? We got there about 8:30 and got four hot chocolate croissants out of the oven (we didn't see what they looked like as they went from oven to box). We also got two muffins: raspberry and cinnamon. The box was warm and the smell divine. We eagerly opened our choc. croissants only to discover that these were more like chocolate burritos than chocolate croissants. In my book a croissant is a flakey light airy divine treat. This baked good was in no way a "croissant." Though, as the previous reviewer wrote it did in fact have loads of chocolate, but it was so much that I and my companions couldn't finish them and/or had lead chocolate balloons in our stomachs the rest of the morning. The other muffins were lovely: very doughnut-y. But, please don't go to this bakery thinking you are going to get a sublime Paris-style chocolate croissant. You won't.

2  Thank Boojums70
Reviewed August 6, 2011

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this place! everything we ever try here is delicious. The muffins are perfection, and I am normally not one to buy a muffin because homemade are usually so much better - but these are great, especially the raspberry cream cheese. The artisan breads never dissapoint, and the key lime pie is amazing. But in my opinion their best product available is the chocolate croissant. They have the perfect ration or chocolate to pastry, and it is about twice as much as any other I have ever had. But if you want to try one you better get there early, as they are too tasty to stick around for long! If I lived on the island my waistline would be in serious trouble!

On a side note, this bakery is informal in style. there are a couple of small patio tables and chairs if you want to sit down, but mostly I could consider it a take-out bakery. A must-stop for us everytime we go to the beach!

1  Thank tuliptree