“What a surprise?”

BarZin Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
BarZin Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Had dinner Wednesday night at BarZin Bistro and what a surprise. First time since they expanded the size of the restaurant. Much improved and much to our delight we had one of the best meals ever. The interior very relaxing, calm and tranquil, soothing to the eye. We did not eat on the side where the bar is located, we elected to sit in the new section. Now, we had the special which was a Caribbean Snapper and WOW, fantastic!!! I would order that again in a heartbeat!

Kelli was awesome as a server and she said that Chef Andy prepared our meal. As I finished my meal (and cleaned the plate) I told Kelli I wanted to send my plate back to Chef Andy and tell him I did not like it. (LOL). I think she got a kick out of it as well.

Finished the meal with coffee and I had cheesecake which Kelli said it was her favorite. Cheesecake is always my favorite and I would give it a 9.5 of 10.0, awesome!

I will be back!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Great food, delightful service, good value. We really enjoy our dining experience here and always visit several times on our annual vacation in Amelia.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Living nearby we frequent the island quite often. Lately we have been utilizing Amelia Island blog of the top 10 restaurants. One by one we are making a trek between Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island. Our latest adventure lead us to Bar Zin. We arrived earlier and had the entire restaurant to ourselves. Bill welcomed us and made us feel comfortable. When we couldn't decide on a wine he provided samples. We enjoyed his company and discussed common interest. He explained the nightly specials and offered his recommendations. As we grew more comfortable the nightly crowd arrived. We enjoyed their company and conversation also. Long story short.... if you are looking for good conversation, good wine, good food and great surrounding we highly recommend Bar Zin. I am jealous of those that can stop for a quick beverage and friendship. Thanks Bill

Thank Gary Terri Bons... P
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice in one week while on vacation. Great food, nice atmosphere, and great service! The beef tenderloin and lamb were delicious! Order the lobster spring roll for an appetizer! If you're staying at Ritz or Plantation it's right around the corner!

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

A different place in the area w an unusual menu and great appetizers. No escargot though as advertised on website.
We got fries w truffle oil for appetizer and they were awesome. The butcher selection was beef tenderloin and was so tender and tasty. Menu items are unique. The restaurant is beautiful and feels homey. Great wine selection. Highly recommend