“Delicious food, great wine; great brunch!”

BarZin Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
BarZin Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The restaurant has expanded and so has the menu since last year. We love the fact that you can come as you are- jeans, shorts...doesn't matter. There'a patio, porch and expanded bar and dining room. We had dinner and brunch - both were super! We had the lobster spring rolls, chicken Marsala with a cheese plate and salads and we had the wine specials- Chardonnay and the Rose. All of it was absolutely yummy! We sat outside - beautiful night and terrific service. Brunch on Sunday - seafood crepes, crab and avocado salad (no mayo on the crab -the BEST!) pomegranate mimosas and the best little cheese and sausage biscuits. We love the food and wine...the service...and the casual ambience.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I don't get it. There are so many great restaurants on this island, I'm not sure why this one is ranked so high. Maybe the folks at the Southern end of the island and the Ritz and Plantation tourists need to get out more.

Admittedly, our first impression was a sour one as we were snapped at by the hostess for apparently walking through the wrong front door.

The waiter shamelessly pushed the unpriced "chef's specials". Shame on us for falling for it.

I've eaten out enough to know that the "special" can usually be counted on to be double the price of anything else on the menu. In a faux pretentious place like this, I guess they are counting on nobody asking about the price before ordering. The waiter certainly wasn't going to tell us voluntarily.

But for $32 for "blackened" grouper and shrimp, I was expecting a little more flavor.

The $35 sea bass was half the size of the grouper and seasoned even less. The entrees were underwhelming, boring, bland and small -- especially for the price.

It's not like you are paying for an oceanfront view. The dining room was loud and unintimate.

Definitely not worth the $125 for dinner for two.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This restaurant is located in a quaint little shopping center on the main highway between Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island Plantation, very near the Ritz Carlton. The interior and decor are a little quirky, almost like dining in the rooms of an old house. It is very comfortable and the service is very pleasant and accommodating if not as professional as in other places we visited on the island. The food was top rate, with several excellent seafood entrees. In addition to the indoor dining area, there is an outdoor dining and bar area that can be very pleasant, depending upon the weather. Having eaten at Salt, it is impossible to give another restaurant five stars, but this is a perfectly nice option if you are eating three or four meals in the area.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This resultant has been getting some good reviews and I can say for good reason. There is a nice outdoor patio with a fire pit. The owner help with the wine and made a great recommendation. The snapper special was perfectly done. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I recently had a dinner and a lunch here. For the dinner, I had scallops on risotto which was very good with my favorite wine. My husband had a hamburger that was just ok but his craft beer was very good. We walked in fairly early and had very good service but the place was filling as we left. I do not know if it is always crowded or if it was because of spring break. At lunch a week or two later, I had a BLT and my favorite wine while my guest had fish tacos with her favorite wine. The food was very good and there was just enough not too much. I would definitely go here again for lunch or dinner but suspect it is better for early dinner or late lunch when there is less of a crowd. I also preferred outside though it may be buggy at night once it warms up a little more. There are many good wine and beer choices.