“Mocha, Yumma!”

Amelia Island Coffee
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We specialize in locally-roasted coffee and coffee drinks, organic teas, and fresh-baked items like bagels, scones. muffins and more. And we now offer a selection of craft beers and wine. Try our light breakfast or lunch options for a quick meal or come in and try a slice of cake, pie or ice cream for dessert.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Mocha, Yumma!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Mochas! Cappuccinos! Gelatos! Oh, my! So good. I enjoy the iced chai and the hot tea. THe pastries are quite yummy. Service is friendly and the hot chocolate is sweet.

Visited May 2013

manchester (uk)
“Ok coffee”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The coffee was ok but even with an extra shot it was not very strong.
The cakes are worth a try though

Visited May 2013
Perry, Georgia
“If you like overpriced coffee this is the place for you”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have gone here a couple of times because it is the most convenient place for a cup of coffee. We usually go in the early morning when we are staying at Florida House Inn because the hotel doesn't have coffee available before 8:30 am and Amelia Island Coffee opens at 7:00 a.m.

A small cup of coffee is $3.50 -- really!?! And a small chai latte -- $4.50 -- crazy and no better than Starbucks or any other coffee shop. They do have some beautiful desserts, but we haven't tried them.

• Visited May 2013
Buffalo, New York
“A Tale of Two Conclusions: Glee and Whoa”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

GLEE:
I love my morning latte and am quite fussy about it. When traveling,I also like to explore local coffee establishments.
My hostess and friend took me to the local coffee house on beautiful Amelia Island. The waitress was friendly and accommodating. My latte was superb: right temperature (hot, not close to scalding), creamy foam on top and best of all, made to order. A small, single shot latte, appropriately priced, is fast becoming a thing of the past. While tempted by an excellent breakfast, lunch and dessert menu, I did not partake. Other patrons were quite positive in their comments regarding the food.

WHOA:
Another of my friend’s house guests is an early riser who likes his coffee and his morning newspaper as his only companions. He arrived at the coffee shop one early morning to indulge. After twenty minutes, he was asked to leave. He was the only patron in the shop but it seems at the Amelia Island Coffee shop, twenty minutes is one’s limit for sipping and imbibing.
Whoa! It’s a coffee shop! Aren’t coffee shops designed for reading and studying and well, klatching?

So, three and a half (out of four) stars for coffee drinks.
One star for hospitality.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Trudy C
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Good coffee and dessert”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a nice cup of coffee there and they had a great selection of desserts. The cake was great and the slices were huge (more than enough for two people so bring somebody to share with.) They have some outdoor seating for a great place to read during a nice day.

• Visited March 2013