“Great food, slow service”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had lunch there on July 17. The food was very good. Everyone loved it. But service was ssssllllloooooowwwwww! Seems that they needed another waiter.

1 Thank jaguar77

Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a pleasure!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We are in Amelia this July to celebrate my 40th B'day and our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are visitors to amelia Island on a yearly basis and always have multiple lunches and or dinner at Lu Lu's.

We have become "regulars" of Brian and Melanies since they opened in 2010 and they always make us feel at home.

Last night my family and friends hosted a "suprize" birthday dinner in my honor. Our reservation was set for 7.30. I did nt leave the golf course until 8 pm and barely arrived at our table before 9 pm. This was no problem for Brian who kept the kitchen open for us and still allowed us to order off menu. Truely the perfect host. Melanie joined us later for a glass of wine and great conversation.

On the whole the food is amazing and somehow gets better every year. Desserts are the perfect ending to your meal and the wine selection is great (although a few more Aussie Shiraz would be appreciated ;-)" All of this coupled with the friendly and relaxed ambience that Brian, Melanie and their staff provide ….Simply there is no better place for a dinning experience on or off the Island.

We will be back again this trip … next time with the kids who the staff cater to and dote on every visit.

1 Thank Matt_HK_Gray
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am a shrimp and grits nut. This is the best shrimp and grits dinner I have had. All was to perfection. The shrimp was sweet and the grits were prepared to absolute perfection! I didn't want the dinner to end. The grits were fried in an amazing batter - made it so delightful. The dinner was so outstanding I had to try their dessert. I can't remember what it was called but it was a slice of pie with a base of bananas and toffee with a top of whip creme with the entire plate drizzled in chocolate. After an awful and overpriced dinner at the Amelia island plantation resort the night before, lulu's came out of left field and served an amazing dinner for a very reasonable price. I can't wait to go back!

Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Nice evening out”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I left the kids and had a grown up dinner at Lulu's. All of our food was very good, although the tomatoes in my caprese salad didn't have much flavor. The hit of the night was the housemade key lime pie!

Yulee, Florida
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Food was delicious. Split the duck breast entree with a friend and it was more than enough, and the waiter brought out bread for us to soak up the sauce. Wine was great. Tried three desserts and all were amazing. Highly recommend creme brulee and the chocolate tort. The only downfall was that there was someone-guessing the owner? working on a laptop at the other table and it was a little awkward. I personally caught some very weird looks from her. We were probably a little loud but that's because there was 6 of us, but we were the only ones in the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014