“Great experience”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Food was delicious. Split the duck breast entree with a friend and it was more than enough, and the waiter brought out bread for us to soak up the sauce. Wine was great. Tried three desserts and all were amazing. Highly recommend creme brulee and the chocolate tort. The only downfall was that there was someone-guessing the owner? working on a laptop at the other table and it was a little awkward. I personally caught some very weird looks from her. We were probably a little loud but that's because there was 6 of us, but we were the only ones in the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for LuLu's at The Thompson House

Reviewed July 11, 2014

After living here for five years, it's always nice to enjoy a five-star meal during Amelia's high season when things are hectic for all of our island restaurants. LuLu's takes it all in stride and delivers the finest cuisine.

My wife and I had Portuguese-style snapper on a bed of polenta, while my son enjoyed the Seared Tuna Bowl. An absolutely wonderful dining experience!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We shared the house salad with the raspberry dressing which was good. The crab cake was one of the best and reminded me of the one I had at the Cloister years ago. Almost all crab! Next was the sea scallops with roasted corn and bacon. Sounded weird but tasted amazing. Food was cooked just right! We sat in the courtyard. The food is much better than the ambiance. The place is kind of in the backyard of the house and has a roaming cat. Thing is the food was well worth it.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I love this place. Great food, fresh as can be and reliably good! Their crab cakes are to die for! Their outdoor eating area is great when the weather allows. I've never had a bad meal here!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We walked from the B&B that we were staying at and wanted something good to eat and this place was the right choice! We did not have a reservation but it was still slightly before the crowds and we got a table inside. We started with the mussel appetizer and the tomato and fried mozzarella caprese. B.oth were outstanding. My husband had the scallops and I had the grouper. There were wonderful. The grouper had a good kick to it too. The wine was delicous and we shared the creme brulee..............outstanding. We will definitely be back when in the area!