“Don't miss Lulu's...!!!!!”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Dallas
“Don't miss Lulu's...!!!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in late and ordered their Caprese with Fried Cheese and balsamic glaze to share. Superb!

The dinner: for me, scallops and corn relish, she had snapper with polenta. Every bite was great!!!! Also the key lime pie and coffee was right on! It's upscale food in a relaxed atmosphere. Just right!!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great atmostphere!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very quaint, wonderful small bistro on a historic street-fantastic atmosphere, would be great for a date night. We went with my parents and five year old son. My son ordered grilled chicken and French fries- the fries were fantastic! The server was very attentive and helpful! I had the lobster mac and cheese with a glass of white wine-it was great! Wish they offered a smaller, side portion to share as a side of this. My mom had the shrimp remoulaude and that was the only dish that was a tad disappointing- I think maybe we were thinking it would have a little more flavor or spice? But the service was great, the atmosphere perfect and I would go back in an instant!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cpbrooks
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Nice”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I were in Town and decided to try as many of the local restaurants. On Saturday June 7th. We had reservations for 7:30Pm. When we arrived our table was ready,no waiting(HUGE PLUS). Our server, Hannah was cheerful and helpful. My wife ordered the fish tacos and I, the Mac and Cheese with shrimp. Food was brought out in a timely fashion and was delicious. Definitely a great little spot.Will go back when we return in October.

2 Thank Bob G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After all the great reviews and a great recommendation from the River Cruise people we decided to try it. We were so glad we did! There were 8 of us and they were able to accommodate us without a problem inside. I am not a fan of seafood and usually have trouble finding anything that is good in a seafood restaurant, but I had a wonderful fried chicken sandwich special. Two people in our party had the grouper tacos and loved them. Another had the grouper sandwich and said it was very fresh fish and tasted great. Several people in our party loved the seafood chowder and even ordered seconds. Needless to say the meal was amazing. We all decided to splurge and eat dessert and it was fantastic, too. The owner came over several times to make sure we liked it and the waitress was very nice and helpful, too.

1 Thank Kim M
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nasty fishy tasting "Grouper"”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

A little taken back at the very small indoor seating area. Ordered The special of the day, Grouper sandwich. First bite was a very strong fishy taste & smell. Couldn't go on after that. Unapologetic & I could hear everything communicated to owner & chef due to the close surroundings. Very uncomfortable & sad. Not sure how they exist. Owner walked passed us 5 x's & never said a word to us. Will not be back!

Visited June 2014