“Dining Gem of Amelia Island”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Healdsburg, California
“Dining Gem of Amelia Island”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Shrimp and grits, actually a deep fried grit "cake" were mighty tasty. These folks also know how to make a damn good crab cake. They went out of their way to make us comfy. We also had an app called "Crawpuppies". For our tastes it was a bit too sweet and we had a tough time finding the mud bugs it was supposed to contain. Service was quick and not intrusive. Presentation on all plates was somewhere between my kitchen and the Ritz Carlton......good! My only pet peeve was the glaring omission of vintage dates on a well thought out wine list. I highly recommend you go dine here.

Visited March 2013

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Really Nice”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our second visit to LuLu's....showed up without reservations and were seated outside. What a treat; it was a gorgeous night to dine outside + the food was excellent. We started with my wife's wine and it did take a while to learn the specials and place the order. First hint: do not be fooled by the term "little plate" (i.e. salads and appetizers)...they are hugh!...plenty to share and they gladly bring two plates. My wife had the Artisan Salad which was outstanding! I had the "Kick Up Capece" (fired mozzarella cheese and tomatoes) which was also outstanding. My wife had the salmon and it was excellent!!!! I had the mac & cheese with local shrimp and it was a real taste treat and I really enjoyed it....truly southern comfort food!!!!! Really a nice, enjoyable of meal....be prepared for a fun and friendly dialogue with the wait staff, other diners, the owners (hostess and chef)...by the time you leave, you will probably feel a little like family and know you will be back!!!

• Visited March 2013
Avon, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic as always”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have eaten here several times each yr they have been open and it is our favorite on Fernandina. Fresh seafood and great Caprese salad. Owners are very accommodating to special requests. Recommend it to all our friends.

• Visited March 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fabulous food!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The calamari appetizer and shrimp and grits main course were both amazing!! Totally worth the visit!!! I came back for a 2nd visit during my 1 week stay!

Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great Food. Great People”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch before we left the island and boy was this a great choice. Got this place recommended to us by the locals. Had the blackened fish sandwitch and it was mighty good! Definitely recommend this place if your on the island!

• Visited February 2013