“LuLu's”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Outside dining is “iffy” when the gnats and other “no see’ems” are out. Food was tasty, quick and fair value for the price.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was a bit chilly outside when we made our trip to fernandina. I decided to eat at Lulu's with my husband after reading tripadvisor reviews. The interior of the restaurant seemed a bit small but the patio areas were larger. They had heaters on the patio and an enclosed feeling, so we chose to sit to the patio on the right. We had a crispy calamari and Anaheim pepper appetizer. It was supposed to be tossed in a Thai chili sauce but I don't like spicy so I ordered it on the side. The breading was light and crispy without much seasoning and the sauce turned out not to be too spicy..so if I ordered it again I would get it with the Thai sauce. Our salad was greens with small bits of fried sweet potatoes and a honey vinagrette. The favors were wonderful! It was supposed to have blue cheese crumbles as well but those were missing. For a main course, hubby got shrimp on top of a fried grit cake with Tasso sauce. I got a creamy pasta dish with shrimp. It was supposed to be Cajun inspired I think, but fortunately was not too spicy. Service was good, food was great, loved this off the beaten path restaurant..essentially I believe it's in the detached garage of a historic home. While I love visiting hole in the wall places with great food I gave it a 3 rating for special occasion as the inside is cramped with tables only and the outside seating is basic metal patio furniture. Some kids were really dressed up and coming by to eat as we were leaving, but I would prefer a more 'plush' locale for a special occasion.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband, son and I went to LuLu's on a Sunday. They serve brunch from 10:30 to 3. The day we went, the weather was gorgeous, so we opted to sit outside. It was a good choice because the seating inside was in a small room and I am assuming it could get very loud in there. They have 2 lovely covered patios and some table out front too. Our sever was great - very attentive. We got the Charcuterie for one as an appitzer - very good but needed more bread if it was going to be shared by more than a couple of people. My husband ordered the Oyster Po Boy and I ordered the Shrimp Po Boy. Very clean tasting on both - fried to perfection. The potato salad was great. It would have been great if there were more sides to choose from. It was either the potato salad or some bagged chips. My husband does not eat mayonaise so he got the chips. They were okay just not very exciting. My son got the Eggs Benedict which was very good. It came with a side of potatoe wedges and they were good also. We ordered a dessert to be shared - I don't remember the name but it was a Creme Brule with some type of praline - it was very good also. I would like to go back again - but maybe during the dinner hour to try other things. I would surely recommend this place - Very Very good!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We dined outside and I have to say we have a great experience.
The waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and courteous and the food and wine was excellent.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon LuLu's while we were wandering around town, and wow, did we luck out. The food was phenomenal, and we ended up chatting with the owners for a while. Truly nice people and a meal you couldn't beat.