“Great food - Great service”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food - Great service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband, son and I went to LuLu's on a Sunday. They serve brunch from 10:30 to 3. The day we went, the weather was gorgeous, so we opted to sit outside. It was a good choice because the seating inside was in a small room and I am assuming it could get very loud in there. They have 2 lovely covered patios and some table out front too. Our sever was great - very attentive. We got the Charcuterie for one as an appitzer - very good but needed more bread if it was going to be shared by more than a couple of people. My husband ordered the Oyster Po Boy and I ordered the Shrimp Po Boy. Very clean tasting on both - fried to perfection. The potato salad was great. It would have been great if there were more sides to choose from. It was either the potato salad or some bagged chips. My husband does not eat mayonaise so he got the chips. They were okay just not very exciting. My son got the Eggs Benedict which was very good. It came with a side of potatoe wedges and they were good also. We ordered a dessert to be shared - I don't remember the name but it was a Creme Brule with some type of praline - it was very good also. I would like to go back again - but maybe during the dinner hour to try other things. I would surely recommend this place - Very Very good!

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“The food is way better than you might expect from this funky little restaurant”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We dined outside and I have to say we have a great experience.
The waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and courteous and the food and wine was excellent.

Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon LuLu's while we were wandering around town, and wow, did we luck out. The food was phenomenal, and we ended up chatting with the owners for a while. Truly nice people and a meal you couldn't beat.

Mount Dora, Florida
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a great experience there. Service and food were phenomenal. The oyster poboy was great. I also had the Chicken Korean soup. Very very good!

1 Thank ltorres93
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Amazing lunch - great service”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stopped by Lulu's during our week long vacation on Amelia Island. What a phenomenal lunch. Brian, the owner and chef met us and enticed us with his description of the food. His son Nick served us and did a great job. Although not on the menu, Brian created a fried chicken sandwich with Nueski's bacon, homemade pickles, chips for one of our diners. My husband and I shared a beef Vietnamese Noodle soup which was delicious and spicy- love that Sriracha sauce. My husband had the fried oyster appetizer and was "yumming" through the entire experience. Although he restaurant is small, there is outdoor dining and the food is worth the stop and wait for a table, if needed. Nice wine selection.