“Best there is...period”

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I live in Fernandina and I go to Lu Lu's as much as I can!! I have never seen a bad dish come out of that kitchen. If you are in town and trying to figure out where to go, look no further. The flounder is to die for. I always start off with the clams but the mussels in the Thai curry sauce is great too. Lunch I go with a Po Boy but their daily specials sometimes tip me in a different direction. Brian is the kitchen knows only how to cook one way…the right way!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Loved the atmosphere, we sat outside. We met the chef, food was great. It was a very enjoyable night.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The service for brunch was terrific, the dinner service was a little slow, but we were not in a rush. The food was so delicious. I tried my first shrimp and grits..all I can say is..yum...The poorboys are very good as well. We also went for lunch and had the grouper, so fresh. You must each here

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Right across the street from the B & B. We were seated outside, felt crowded, tables very close together. Food was just ok, maybe just ordered the wrong thing. Not the best service.

1  Thank kgriz
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were recommended to eat here but on a Saturday night didn't hold out much hope of a table but double-whammy we parked right outside and there was an outside table available immediately. Once the patio heater had fired up we were as warm as toast.
The owner/chef came out to explain some of the dishes, he was a Brit too so translation of some ingredients was required ! He did emphasise that all the ingredients were sourced locally, nothing pre-packaged.
Think i had the shrimp and pasta which was good, can't remember what my wife had but it was enjoyed too. Recommended wine was very nice.
More expensive than many places in the local area but a "must visit" if you are here, quality is good and the service was superb,