All reviews sticky buns historic district front porch pool and hot tub happy hour amelia island white noise machine frittata other guests b bs thought of everything cocktail hour house is beautiful within walking distance breakfast was amazing three night stay location was perfect
Reviewed August 2, 2017

An elegant step back in time. The innkeepers Rickey and Tracey have taken this house and transformed it into a treasure. They have anticipated every tiny need or want a guest might have and addressed it. We especially enjoyed sitting on the porch at night and basking in the gentle breeze. We'll be back!

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017

For starters...let me tell you I'm not a fan of B&Bs (I don't really want to title around somebody else's house. And they tend to be kind of fussy). My stay at Hoyt House may have changed all of that. I had a great stay and can't think of anything to complain about.
--great location--right at the edge of downtown Fernandina Beach--which was charming and thriving at the same time. Great restaurants, cool shops, etc.
--The Inn was beautiful and comfortable (those seem in compatible to me--but it's true)
--Rickey and Tracey could not have been more accommodating. If i never stayed here again, I'd still want to be their friend
--I'm not a breakfast person, either, but their breakfast was so good, I dreamt about it--homemade sticky buns and scones, cantaloupe scoops in a mason jar with syrup and mint, a frittata i wish i could learn to make

I'd rate this place with six stars if I could...and can't wait to go back!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank bobinarlington
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are frequent travelers, and we decided to visit someplace new this past spring school break. After a great deal of time spent reading reviews, we decided to stay at the Hoyt House in Historic Downtown Fernandina. We were certainly not disappointed. Upon check-in, Ricky greeted us with a smile and we immediately felt like members of his own family. Ricky made us feel welcomed from the moment we walked through the white gate. He is well-traveled, generous and kind and very insightful and wise. We loved his stories, and he welcomed us into his home and into his family. Both Ricky and Tracey are fabulous inn keepers. They haven't owned this property for very long, but they certainly understand the true definition of hospitality. We enjoyed our delicious, quaint breakfasts in the stunning dining room. This beautiful space afforded us time to not only chat with Ricky but to meet the other guests. (We met a great couple..and the laughs were plentiful!)
Happy hour at the beautiful bar allowed my husband to continue mingling over a beer with friends while I got ready for dinner-for round 2 in town! This hour also allowed for more stories to be shared and for more laughs to be exchanged.

We can't say enough about this stunning historic home and the awesome family who allowed us into their lives. As Ricky would say, "Ya'all need to come back and see us." And come back we shall. ❤️

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cshell25
Reviewed June 14, 2017

Loved our 1 night stay in this historic b&b. Attractive antique decor, delicious gourmet breakfast, lovely pool and garden area but most importantly 2 gracious hosts - Ricky & Stacey. You can walk or bike everywhere, and there are wonderful restaurants nearby.

Room tip: 5 on 1st floor, 5 on 2nd.
Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We went to Fernandina for the day from Jacksonville. For lunch we had high tea at the Hoyt House Inn. The place is pretty, an old well maintained victorian. We were not able to see the guest rooms (they were all booked), but the public spaces were nice.

As for the tea, they bake beautifully, especially the scone. My only critique is that they didn't have really clotted cream, but Devonshire instead.

Service was quite good, We were the only guests for tea and one of the owners took care of us. He was attentive and kind.

Date of stay: May 2017