All reviews sticky buns historic district front porch pool and hot tub happy hour amelia island frittata white noise machine other guests thought of everything cocktail hour house is beautiful within walking distance breakfast was amazing three night stay location was perfect beautiful pool
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very beautiful inn and the inn keeper Myrta went out of her way to allow us to check in early so we could leave our yorkie and rat terrier and go on the boat tour in Fernandina. Breakfast was awesome! I do wish that places that are pet friendly would allow guests to stay in other rooms, besides just the designated rooms for pets owners only. Our dogs are only 5 lbs each and are cleaner than most people. I can understand if the dog is over 10 lbs because larger dogs do smell. It's not just this inn, it's all of them. I can understand the room we stayed in because it was easy access to taking the dogs out but sometimes you might like to stay on the 2nd floor or in a nicer room with your little dogs.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley P
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I loved the Hoyt House. The proprietors were very accommodating as one would expect, but it was the extras that made a difference. For example the late afternoon beverage was a nice touch, and the complementary bicycles made exploring the island a lot of fun. The abundance of tables and lounge chairs around the pool set this B&B apart from many others. But the single thing I liked best (I'm a guy) was the complementary fishing rod. In the morning I took one of the bikes and the fishing rod to the beach, about a mile away, and watched the sun come up while catching a few fish. By 9:00 am I was back at the house for breakfast and able to spend the rest of the day with craving to fish satisfied. Would definitely stay here again. PS, David's, the best restaurant in town, is within walking distance.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really an exceptional experience! there is nothing more you could want for. The bed was heaven,the food amazing and I have no idea how they keep the pool the perfect temperature day or night.Anything we needed was taken care of.We can't wait to go back!

Room tip: We were in the Lara room which was quite nice with a heavenly bed,only complaint was the bathroom was small and the shower.The room had great view of pool and very sunny and quiet.
1  Thank Tish P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Everything about The Hoyt House was outstanding. The decor of the historic property was authentic, the welcome and the hospitality were genuine, the grounds and pool were extraordinary, and the breakfasts were outstanding. We were there 4 nights as we explored Fernandina Beach. The restaurant recommendations were right on. All in all, The Hoyt House was one of the loveliest places we have ever stayed.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our 2 night stay at the Hoyt House was simply extraordinary. As my wife and I looked at places to stay in Fernandina Beach I read all of the wonderful reviews about the Hoyt House and, as a result, my expectations were quite high. I can honestly say that the Hoyt House exceeded all of our expectations. The house and property is absolutely beautiful. The pool area is secluded and really great. Our hosts, Myrta and Deborah were welcoming and attentive. The breakfast that Deborah prepares each morning is amazing and I will return just to enjoy the French press coffee and pastry that is served as a prelude to the main course at breakfast. I don't want to forget to mention the daily happy hour as it was a great time to meet other house guests and enjoy a beer or wine in the bar at the house.

Myrta and Deborah have thought of everything, There are bikes for the guests to use, sunscreen for use at the beach or pool, automatic (Kuerig) cofee machines on the first and second floor for guests to use 24 hours a day. The location is perfect as it sits right at the start of the historic district which includes great shopping, restaurants and bars.

One of the parts about staying at Hoyt house house are Myrta and Deborah's dog's. When I walked in the house to check in I was greeted by Sheba (Australian Sheppard) and I short while later I met Cloe (Shih tzu). We also met Jenny (Cloe's mom) who is older and rarely leaves the office. As a dog owner there was something incredibly comforting about being greeted by Sheba & Cloe. This was a great start to a perfect weekend. What a wonderful place!