“Delightful stay because of warm/wonderful innkeepers and superb breakfast!”

Hoyt House Bed and Breakfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 19, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 wonderful nights last week at the charming Hoyt House with the incomparable innkeepers Deborah and Myrta. They are both very warm and welcoming and exceeded our expectations to make sure we had a great vacation (They succeeded!) Our room (Willis) had a very comfortable bed and a spacious, clean bathroom. We were greeted with fresh baked cookies and apples in our room. My husband and I are still talking about the yummy, large breakfast portions (fresh fruit and especially the fritattas and the poached egg over the fried potato slices) We spent a wonderful afternoon relaxing in the fabulous backyard pool. Deborah and Myrta thought of everything--we enjoyed borrowing their bikes, beach chairs, towels, and boogie boards! We loved hanging out with the other guests at the afternoon "happy hour" complete with complimentary refreshments. It was a quick walk to the rest of the historic district. You'll love it here, too!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

My wife and I spent our 1-week honeymoon at the Hoyt house. Deborah & Myrta gave an extra shot of warmth that no B&B could offer on it's own as well of a list of amenities that made our stay one we'll remember for the rest of our lives. We purchased the Romance Package which included out of this world chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, a picnic basket lunch, 2 massages, and a fruit/shrimp platter. This was on top of their standard amenities which exceeded our expectations, such as 1) the daily complimentary cocktail hour (generous pour of 1 beverage of your choice) and an arrangement of fruits, meats, cheeses, olives, and hummus, 2) the complimentary bicycle rentals, 3) the assortment of newspapers and books to read, 4) the extensive DVD library, 5) the beach gear, 6) and discounts on some local activities. We most definitely will return to the Hoyt House and recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are unique and excellent.
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed for one night, a stopover on our way to Hilton Head Island, and found the Hoyt House to be an excellent choice. The owners, who are charming, have been here for less than a year, and they are working extra hard to build an excellent reputation. They really pile on the amenities -- we had amenities here that you do not find in five-star hotels. You have to give them credit.

The property itself is quite attractive, an old mansion located on the edge of the historic center of Fernandina Beach town, which is peaceful and enchanting. The house has been well-maintained, furnished and renovated with great charm and taste. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast generous and tasty.

The owners helpfully recommended local restaurants, several of which are within short walking distance. Harborfront attractions are also within walking distance, though slightly further away.

Everything you would expect in a quality B&B, with extra amenities to boot.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I was traveling with my mother and two daughters for mothers day weekend. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast and i must admit I was totally surprised. For all of us it was a relaxing weekend. We loved it and would love to come back. Not one complaint.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful.
Reviewed May 15, 2011

the innkeepers couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. My sister needed special assistance and they made it relatively easy. The breakfast was divine. The porch felt like home, the pool was private and you can walk to the village of Fernandina Beach. I will definatley go back. connie

Reviewed May 9, 2011

We held our 25th Sorority reunion here with 12 women. Myrta and Deborah were wonderful to work with and so helpful with our needs as a group. I would recommend this B&B to everyone who wants to hold a reunion here, be it family or friends. Perfect location to enjoying the island.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have less street noise.
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My son is 15 years old and wheelchair bound. Needless to say, accommodations are very difficult to come by. This is the reason why I hadn't taken a vacation in 10 years!! I finally decided to treat myself and my son to some R and R!! A cold hotel just didn't seem like the right option for us! I am so happy with the choice I made! There was plenty of room for my son and his chair! The setting was very comfortable! Even the most high strung person could not help feeling relaxed! The pool and the poolside were delightful!! The inn keepers thought of everything! They even had a personalized welcome card waiting for us when we checked in our rooms! Our whole experience there was just pure relaxation! It was all the luxuries of a get away without all the commercialism! The intimate setting of the Hoyt House was just what my son and I needed! We cannot wait to be able to get away again, because we are going right back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Amelia Island Williams House
Amelia Island Williams House
#4 of 6 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hoyt House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!