“Enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and service!”
Review of Kelley's Courtyard Cafe - CLOSED

Kelley's Courtyard Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were walking about Fernandina Beach and looking at menus as we wer shopping/antiquing and looking at the victorian homes. Checked at the menu and it was appealing. I am a bit of a foodie/andventuraous cook, so I am looking for interesting things to eat while vacationing. We were not dissapointed. We outside and it was just slightly chilly on February 21st. I had the egg rolls and the she crab soup(I am addicted to it) it was good. I would have maybe liked to have add just a dash of cayenne if I had made it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Husband had the cheesteak. he gave me a sample and it was good as well..I ordered dessert..the blueberry compote over a blondie(not sure,,but good nice cinnamony sugar crusty top..yumm!!) and ice cream. I don't usually eat dessert out. I offered to share but my husband said he didn't think he wanted any. Well the waiter brought out the dessert...with two spooms anyway. Well he loved it and definitely ate his share!!! Kudos to the man who said it was good food as we were looking over the menu posted outside...(probably the owner..haha!!) . He was right and we were glad we stopped in.
In regards to other posts about it being cool. Well people can't control the weather...but for it was much better than the 20 degress they were experiencing back here in O-H-I-O!!!! (HaHa..got that in!!!!!)
Hopefuly we can get there again.....

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Kelley's offer mostly outdoor seating but is well shaded. The food is delicious and the servings just right. The Courtyard is lovely, with trees and native plants and flowers. They have limited hours, so plan accordingly.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This cafe's dishes are either a hit or a miss, some are delicious, others not so much. The fried green tomato appetizer was good and their grilled/fried shrimp is delicious as well. The mahi mahi sandwich was not that appetizing and the coleslaw was nasty. pricing was ok, for some dishes the prices were right for others they were overpriced in my opinion. Also, do not sit indoors, it smells! Even if it is cold outside they bring heaters so sitting outside is the best. staff was also extremely friendly.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good food. Good servings. Good price. Great garlic pickles! Looking forward to our next visit.
I think you will look forward to your return visit also.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I were in Fernandina Beach in late January 2013 and heard many good things about this restaurant. First time tried to go there on a Sunday nite only to find out they were closed that day. Tried to go back another nite to only find out that they were open only on the weekends at that time of year. Very disappointing for us especially since their website said they were only closed on Sundays!