“Good food and good service to boot!”
Review of Kelley's Courtyard Cafe - CLOSED

Kelley's Courtyard Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a whim. We just came upon it and it had courtyard seating and it was nice outside, so we took a chance. We were there for lunch right when it opened. We were greeted and brought menu's right away. One of things we ordered for an appetizer, they did not have so we ordered something else - no big deal but they were very apoligetic and gave us the appetizer we ordered and got - free. I got the BLT - it was good but it seemed like it was missing something. It came with goat cheese - but it could have used some more. The she-crab soup was wonderful and the fried green tomatoes were delish! My husband got the shrimp po'boy and it was also good. It was a good choice for lunch and if we were ever in Fernandina again for lunch - we would go back (if we did't want to try another place to eat!).

1  Thank Jeanne C

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've ordered from Kelley's on several occasions. My first experience was flawless. Of course this made me want to enjoy more dishes from them. Every other time has been simply just "ok". I had a salad from them today for lunch, asked if I could add goat cheese to my salad and got brie instead. I could understand maybe goat cheese or ok even some mozzarella but brie? Also, I added the mahi, which had good flavor but was way over cooked, tough, and very dry. Overall, I picked at the salad. However, the artichoke dip was fantastic. With all of the unique restaurants downtown I think that Kelley's needs to pay a little more attention to detail.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

After reading the reviews we stopped here for lunch and weren't disappointed. I had a sandwich, fried green tomatoes, and iced tea. All of it was excellent and the service was very good and extremely friendly. The server knew the best things on the menu, all about the daily specials, and told us all about them.

We sat outside on the patio, which is the thing to do if the weather is nice, and enjoyed it immensely.

Highly recommended for lunch.

1  Thank SouthCarolinaPaul
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Kelley's is my favorite place to take friends, relatives and visitors. The food is predictably fresh and consistently good. I love supporting a local family business...especially this one because they have been contributing to the local community for many, many years. The setting is extremely pleasant....and the staff is always fun and very welcoming. This is a must for lunch or dinner.
I think I may go there tonight.
E. Revell
Amelia Island

1  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed September 1, 2012

With only a few minutes to go before closing their lunch service, we were cheerfully invited in and my wife and I both ordered she-crab soup and an order of fried green tomatoes; two items hard to find on menus. Both were expertly prepared and delicious. The staff were friendly and as I said, accommodating.