“Boring” 2 of 5 bubbles

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Boring”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My kids like ghost tours, so we thought this was a great family activity for the evening. The town is beautiful and it was fun to hear stories about many of its colorful past residents, but the guide was very scattered and difficult to follow. We paid for a two hour tour, but were only given an hour and a half of her time. She came off more as a kook and a fake rather than a "sensitive". She spent quite a bit of time at the local church and said a group prayer on the way in and the way out of the cemetery. If you are not of the Christian faith, this is not the tour for you.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank RCJ820

Akron, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great tour for believers and non-believers alike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was our first ghost tour and I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts or not but this was a great way to spend 2 hrs. Beside the ghost information Diane knows a lot of history of the area. And I have to admit it was fun being in a cemetery at night, always wanted to do that! We also captured a couple interesting photographs. Overall a really good time and I recommend this activity highly.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank skyhead
Knoxville, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Private tour with very knowledgeable guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a private tour which was awesome because we have a two year old, so we didn't have to worry about him disturbing the crowd. Our guide was very nice and gave us tons of information about Amelia Island. She was great with our son, taking time to tell him about pirates (which he loves) and stopping along the way to let him see the cats that were roaming around some of the old houses. We did get one photo at the cemetery that looks blurry and may have some orbs. The collection of photos that the tour guides had were very impressive, with clear faces of ghosts that you could see. The tour went longer than expected but only because my husband and I are both talkers, and the guide was gracious enough to answer all of our questions! I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone interested in hearing the history of Amelia Island and the people that used to live there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Heather0879
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to learn the history behind Amelia Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I first when on the ghost tour when I was in 11th grade and I must say that it is something that everyone should experience. Diane is great at what she does. She is also a very respected member of the community. Even though I am not a firm believer in ghost it was something that the entire group enjoyed doing. Most of the activities on the island are during the day so having the ghost tour at night it is a great way to end the day. Come prepared to walk but also to have a great time!

Visited June 2012
6 Thank wingatewe
Princeton, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Completely Ho-hum”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

While our group embarked on this venture with a combination of giddiness and skepticism, and was not anticipating a complete conversion to being believers of the paranormal, we found the entire experience to be very disappointing. Yes, Diane had a great deal of "insider" info, and many historical tidbits to share, but her style is haphazard, hard to follow and very amateurish. A well organized and historically informative presentation would have been enjoyable regardless of whether or not one believes in ghosts. I bet one could visit the historical society, pick up a few brochures and take their own walking around town for a more satisfactory tour of Fernandina. Not worth the cost!

Visited March 2013