I booked a two bedroom suite at this hotel for four adults and two small children about halfway from our home in Carolina enroute to Disneyworld. With the concerns about cleanliness in hotels being foremost in our minds, we wanted to stay off the major interstate route and Fernandina Beach is a familiar area to us as we used to live nearby.
Our suite was okay, nothing special, and overlooking a parking lot. The living room and kitchen were smaller than we expected but the bedrooms and bathrooms looked adequate at first glance. We had driven six hours and were all tired and ready for dinner and a good night's sleep. Moved our things into the room and took the children down for a swim in the pool. We were somewhat surprised at the number of pets and the size of them at the hotel. I hadn't noticed the pet friendly policy on the website.
We went off to dinner at a local restaurant. Came back to the room well after dark and threw back the sheets on our bed only to discover strange dots of debris all over the sheets. Lint or dirt, I couldn't determine. I brushed off the sheets and didn't dwell too much on it although I wasn't happy about it. I ignored the long dark hair I had found in the sink of our bathroom, discarding it in the toilet. The next morning when we got ready to shower, we discovered another long dark hair in the tub and a substantial dirt stain in the bottom of the tub. It fortunately washed out easily with hot water, making us think perhaps someone had used the room briefly and moved to another room. It sure looked like the housekeeping staff just hadn't realized the second bedroom had been used. In retrospect, I was appalled at the lack of cleanliness.
At breakfast the hotel was so full of people we couldn't find a place to sit down. We ended up sitting outside where the cushions on the chairs were still wet from the rain the evening before. Only the children got breakfast. We left rather annoyed. At check out, I mentioned the problems with the lack of cleanliness in the room and the desk clerk's comment was, "We hope you'll enjoy your room more on your next stay." I think NOT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL