“great place for family.”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Stayed there for 2 nights. Had a great time, staff was wonderful,beach was beautiful and 2 short blocks away or you could bring your car an park on the beach. Room was great and if I can because I know the area well ate at great little Italian resturant on A1A called Ciao that the staff made my reservation. The people in this small town in northern Florida make you feel right at home. Can't wait to go back. Carl and family.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Amelia Island

Reviewed June 19, 2010

Stayed two nights at this property. Staff were cheerful and helpful. Invariably we were greeted by everyone from maids to kitchen workers. Front desk staff also provided restaurant recommendations and scrounged around for a paper for me when we slept in one morning. Inn is located several long blocks from the beach but within walking distance. Rooms and public areas very clean in all respects and well-appointed as others have noted. We didn't use the kitchen, but appliances and dishes looked new and whole place appeared to have been updated recently. Very comfortable beds. There was a conference there at the time of our stay, involving more that the average number of kids and pet dogs. Well-behaved bunch but made the pool area noisy. Rooms are well-insulated and despite the place being full, it was quiet, even with dogs next door. The waffle machine mentioned by another reviewer worked well, but as was pointed out, required waiting and diplomacy to use.. Otherwise the included hot breakfast was great.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Fernandina Beach while in town for my niece's high school graduation. My wife and I were thoroughly impressed with the room layout. It seemed to us that somewhere along the way, Residence Inn polled customers and asked them what would make a good hotel a great hotel and upgraded their hotel to meet those recommendations. I liked how the television could be viewed from either the bed, the couch, or the kitchen. When we come back to Fernandina Beach, we will definitely stay again!

Reviewed June 18, 2010

The evening staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. Great room. Girlfriend is hard to impress, but she loved his place! Very comfortable. I'm going back this weekend.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

The Residence Inn Amelia Island has the friendliest staff ! We loved the location 1 block from the the Beach. It might be the best beach on the East Coast of Florida. The pool area and fire pit are very nice. We even used the putting green. The hotel is new, the rooms have large flat screen TV's, full kitchens all nicer than home. They offer free bike rentals. We rode everywhere. We rented Kayaks and did the Amelia River Cruise. Ft. Clinch was a civil war fort, really neat. Amelia Island is my favorite Florida destination. Lots of good restaurants, charming downtown.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I think the room is nice,but there was a strong prejudice and discrimination against as members of a yellow race.Most of the staff avoided making eye contact with us and murmur under their breath 'jap'.
Actually, I am a silver elite member of Marriot because I am a frequent user.I have never experienced such a demeaning treatment.
I asked the clerk if I would stay three more night,the reply was 'I am so very sorry, but we are sold out the next 4 nights. If anything does happen to open up I will let you know immediately.' I was just wondering I would like to check the availability via the Internet.I was devastated by her lies.There are some vacant rooms. Aside from the discrimination, it's very comfortable."

8  Thank hii188
Imhiding208, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

Please contact me at your earliest convenience concerning your stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night only on my way to So. Carolina. I was impressed by the updated suites and amenities. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen seemed to have everything one would need to make a small meal. There is a Publix up the street where you can buy provisions. Our suite was clean but had a strange smell. A scented candle I brought took care of the smell.
We used the wireless internet service and it was great. However, the only cell service we could get was sitting right against the window.
We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and exercise room. The staff was friendly and helpful when asked a question.

The continental breakfast is nice - the morning we were there, a large family group of 20+ took over the breakfast area and wouldn't let anyone else use the waffle makers. Their bad behavior was not the fault of the hotel, but I do believe a staff member should have monitored the area more closely.

I didn't realize how far the hotel was from the beach - I would think small children, elderly or disabled people might have a hard time walking to the beach.

We had dinner at Arte and loved it. Great pizza & pasta, in a no-frills setting w/phenomenal customer service.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!