“A fresh, comfortable hotel with friendly service, too!”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The Residence Inn is a new hotel on Amelia Island within a block from the beach. It's easy to walk there, and to all the restaurants in the local area. Also within a short driving distance are several shopping areas as well as the lovely Fernandina Beach downtown area with its shops, restaurants and bars. The hotel's rooms are spacious and comfortable, with well thought out amenities, and the lounge areas inside and outside are warm and inviting. It's a great place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I were hosting a Japanese visitor and wanted to show her parts of the US that neither we nor she had visited, so we headed for Amelia Island, Fernandina and Fernandina Beach and a side trip to St. Augustine. A friend with a second home in Amelia Island recommended the Residence Inn and for us it was the best fit! We had a grand time seeing the area. Our guest might have been somewhat apprehensive in a hotel room alone, but having a comfortable suite allowed her to feet secure and allowed us to truly be the perfect host and hostess. We could all visit easily after the day's adventures and relax in the comfort of our suite. Breakfast was substantial and satisfying and a bonus! The folks there are warm and friendly. Try it. You'll like it!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I stayed here instead of the Ritz when I had a business conference at the Ritz. It saved me about half the cost. Staff was really friendly and even offered to give me the umbrella from their own car when I asked to borrow one. Grocery store is nearby and everything else you need.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

The hotel is new with very pleasing architecture and beautifully decorated rooms. The beds are wonderful. The staff is helpful and friendly and the breakfast is very good. The hotel is only a few blocks from a beautiful beach that is great for long walks. The town of Fernandina is a few miles away.

I have always like Marriott properties. I will certainly stay at the Residence Inn next time I am in the area.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

When I booked this room, I had expected a one room suite with 2 queen beds because I would be traveling with my sister. When we got to the hotel room (before check in time) the room was not ready so we decided to go out for lunch and come back a couple hours later. To our surprise when we got back we were placed in the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom King bed suites. This room was huge!!! More room than what my sister and I needed. Everything about the room was clean, and the staff when we checked in were very friendly!!! We had the breakfast in the morning which is complimentary...Great! I would recommend this to anyone. I have actually! I will be returning. :)

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Pretty,clean, cozy, convenient--everything we could have wished for. Definitely will return. Great beds-great style--didn't need for anything.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

After a number of stays at this hotel, we can say that the service, quality and value are consistently beyond expectations. The staff (front desk and housekeeping) is fantastic, always helpful and friendly, and the rooms are superb - large, clean, modern and comfortable. We can get a great room that accommodates our family at a very good price. The fitness center is well equipped (and they actually work!), the pool and deck area are attractive, and the free breakfast dependable.
There are other good properties in Fernandina Beach but we just can't say enough positives about this one!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#4 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!