“Stay here instead of the ritz”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I stayed here instead of the Ritz when I had a business conference at the Ritz. It saved me about half the cost. Staff was really friendly and even offered to give me the umbrella from their own car when I asked to borrow one. Grocery store is nearby and everything else you need.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

The hotel is new with very pleasing architecture and beautifully decorated rooms. The beds are wonderful. The staff is helpful and friendly and the breakfast is very good. The hotel is only a few blocks from a beautiful beach that is great for long walks. The town of Fernandina is a few miles away.

I have always like Marriott properties. I will certainly stay at the Residence Inn next time I am in the area.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

When I booked this room, I had expected a one room suite with 2 queen beds because I would be traveling with my sister. When we got to the hotel room (before check in time) the room was not ready so we decided to go out for lunch and come back a couple hours later. To our surprise when we got back we were placed in the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom King bed suites. This room was huge!!! More room than what my sister and I needed. Everything about the room was clean, and the staff when we checked in were very friendly!!! We had the breakfast in the morning which is complimentary...Great! I would recommend this to anyone. I have actually! I will be returning. :)

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Pretty,clean, cozy, convenient--everything we could have wished for. Definitely will return. Great beds-great style--didn't need for anything.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

After a number of stays at this hotel, we can say that the service, quality and value are consistently beyond expectations. The staff (front desk and housekeeping) is fantastic, always helpful and friendly, and the rooms are superb - large, clean, modern and comfortable. We can get a great room that accommodates our family at a very good price. The fitness center is well equipped (and they actually work!), the pool and deck area are attractive, and the free breakfast dependable.
There are other good properties in Fernandina Beach but we just can't say enough positives about this one!

Reviewed March 12, 2010

In this economy getting your moneys worth is everyones first thought. Residence Inn Amelia Island gives this and so much more. The rooms are gloriously appointed, with great attention to detail. Little things like the useable electrical outlet on each side of the headboard are indicative of the thoughtful planning that went into the hotel. Modern, extremely clean, and bright facility will make any stay enjoyable. The staff are genuinely excited about your stay. After multiple stays I can say that the commitment to creating a great hotel hasn't and will not fade.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2010

This is not my first stay at this hotel and for good reason. Upon arrival you are always greeted with a warm friendly smile and a clean, warm, simple lobby. It's all too often when you go into a hotel and the person behind the counter can usually find something more important than just to say hello...but not here!! Check-in has always been smooth. Now the rooms are something to really look forward to. Updated with great features like an LCD’s in the bedroom and the sitting room, plug-in's on both sides of the head boards, fridge, stove and microwave. A desk and kitchen table that you can actually eat and work at! It is really the small things that make a big difference at this hotel for me. And not just the amenities but when you walk down the hall, if there is a staff member, they try to engage in conversation even if it is just a "hello, how are you today?". Because this was not my first stay I guess I have been seen here before and the breakfast lady even remembered me and said welcome back. I don't look for VIP service but I do feel like I get it here. I have stayed at many hotels on this Island and this hotel really stands out! Please keep up the GREAT work! I will see you again soon.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!