We stayed here last Saturday night. I would say first off that the hotel was very busy when we arrived at 11 AM. We were able to check into our room about 1 PM. They had a nice bbq going outside with hot dogs and the works. It was really hot so we decided to head to the pool. The beach is a short walk but we didn't really like it there. With the trucks parked on the beach it felt sort of crowded and noisy. The pool at the hotel was really nice and clean. It was busy but but we still found a nice table with an umbrella.
The room was spacious and clean. Very comfortable and nice. We always enjoy staying at Marriott properties, it doesn't disappoint. I did see some other hotels next door to this one but I think this one was better.
I wasn't that impressed with the beach area at all, I've been to better. We did eat lunch at Slider's (which the hotel recommended) see review on that. It's within walking distance.
Overall, this was a good place to stay if you want to be near the beach. I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL