We spent 3 nights ending the last night on New Year's Eve. We loved how quiet it was and we were able to sleep through the midnight hour with no disturbance. The hotel offered a manager's reception to celebrate the event with a nice variety of snacks foods including 4 kinds of cheese, several kinds of dips, black eyed peas, crackers, nuts, hummus, vienna sausages, veggies and beer, wine and champagne. There was lemonade for those not wanting alcohol. The reception was from 6- 7:30 and they had hats and horns for those interested. There were activities nearby and within walking distance for those that wanted to party.
Several restaurants within walking distance and a shuttle available certain hours for anywhere on the island. I would recommend this hotel. They do welcome animals and we saw quite a few. If that is important to you one way or the other - could be be value to know that.
There is a distinct smell to the water but we have experienced this at other hotels in other cities in Florida. We are thinking it is the water treatment being near the ocean and other bodies of water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL