We stayed for 6 days in July at Residence Inn - two adults and two teens sharing a suite. We stayed on the first floor, even though we had no pets, and we enjoyed our stay so much. Breakfast was included with our room rate.
The layout of our suite was fantastic - both bedrooms have their own doors and large en-suite's which makes life a great deal easier travelling with teens! Spotless on arrival, it was also close to an excellent resident's laundry room. I was amazed to find that a hotel which was so busy and welcomed pets and small children, was so quiet! The staff were friendly, welcoming and offered free beech chairs on loan on a first come-first served basis. The breakfast is pretty basic and very busy, so go early and be prepared to do it all yourself. Five minutes walk from the beach - its location is ideal and there is plenty of free parking even at busy times. A little shop selling sweets, beer and cold drinks is a great idea in the lobby. There is also a free mini-van to take you to the beach if you don't want to walk.
My only small criticism was that on two days I had to ask for our room to be cleaned as it was missed out in the morning, but once I told reception it was done quickly. Sitting out on the front porch on a rocking chair with a drink and a book was heaven. Well done Residence Inn - you all do a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL