“Great value, beautiful, and relaxing.”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just LOVE staying at the Amelia Island Residence Inn! It is perfect for our family. Great value, beautiful, and relaxing. The staff is SO helpful! I always know what to expect when we stay here.

This is our second time staying here. Our first time, my husband and I spent our honeymoon here (2009). The hotel looks like it was just built: clean and perfect. This year we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite because another family member stayed with us. And, the rest of the family stayed in another 2 bedroom suite. They don't have that many on each floor, so we were separated the width of the hotel, but that was fine.

Room Description: We had a full kitchen. They all have a kitchen, but ours (like we had in 2009) had a full stone with cooktop, large refrigerator, dish washer, sink. Dining table w/chairs. Living area was fine. I believe all rooms look very similar. The bed is VERY hard! So just be aware of that. But the bedding was nice and clean. Very relaxing. I wish there was a vanity for you to sit at to put make up on and style your hair. I ended up putting a dining chair in front of the sink, but was awkward.

I think one of the main reasons I like this hotel so much is the breakfast! It was wonderful! Eggs, different meats each day, french toast, grits, different muffins, breads, fruits, waffle maker, juices, coffees. I just couldn't wait to eat the breakfast. We attended one social event during the afternoon: hotdogs and lemonade (didn't try the snow cone machine). It was very nice next to the pool.

I found out they had a shuttle that can take you to many different places on the island. We had our own car, so we didn't use this. My sister-in-law, who was staying with us, rented a bicycle with a friend and road it on the trail from hotel all the way to Ft. Clinch Park.

Didn't have a chance to try the pool. Either too many kids, or lightening. Recommend staying in a room on the back side of hotel where it is quieter. That's where we were.

One suggestion: The beds needs to be softer or have a pillow top. Very hard.

Looking forward to coming back again for a third time sometime soon!

Room Tip: Corner suites are a little bit larger in the living area. Try to get a room on the backside of hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank poodlegirl3
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed returning to our hotel!

It's always fun to hear from guests who take advantage of all of our amenities. Renting bikes from the front desk is so convenient, and since the Island is so bicycle-friendly, it's a great way to get around. Fort Clinch is an awesome place to bike - did you guys check out Egans Creek Greenway too?

We hope to have you and your family visit again soon!

Casey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Amelia Island every summer for the past eight years. We have stayed at this location several times and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are always very clean even though the hotel allows pets. The staff is first class and go out of their way to address your needs. They provide a great breakfast and on some nights free drinks and a cookout. Excellent, and a money saver. We also take advantage of their grill area in order to cut down on our vacation costs. The Inn is within walking distance to the beach and overall is a great lodging choice for a quality stay on Amelia Island.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I almost don't want to write this review because I want to keep it a secret, however I must because we loved our stay. My husband and I took our furry family to check out Amelia Island because dogs are allowed on the beach. Residence Inn is one of the few hotels that allow dogs over 25 pounds and when checked in they had a gift package for each dog. The hotel is very clean and extremely friendly. One day after a heavy rain one staff member met us at the door and gave us towels to dry off. I could go on and on but I don't want anyone to know how great this hotel is or we may never get a room booked for being so popular. :)

• Stayed: June 2013
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Well look who let the cat out of the bag! :)

I'm so happy that we are your go-to for a getaway! Sounds like you've enjoyed your stays with us and we couldn't be happier. Have you tried any of our packages?

Thanks so much for the glowing review!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall there were more positives than negatives but the major negative was just too big to overlook. We arrived on June 24th and our room was ready an hour early. The staff here was very friendly and processed our room in a very timely manner. We immediately go to the room and the room is very warm and muggy. That's when we hear and see the portable ac units in the room. These units are going full blast to keep the room tolerable but not really comfortable enough for beach season in Florida. We unload our luggage and decide to head to fort clinch for sightseeing and to let our room cool down. We stay gone for a few hours and arrive back and it's still muggy in the room. We tolerate it and sit down to watch tv when we notice every time we flip the channel it flips the ac unit off, flip the channel again and it turns back on. We end up giving up on tv and just go to bed early but the noise of these units did keep us up for a while. We wake up and the room is okay and we get ready and go to the beach. After the beach we take our showers in the warm room and then go out for supper. We come back and now the room is hot. We obviously accidentally turned both units off when we turned the TVs off before we left. At this point we had enough and asked the staff if we could just check out two days early because we only live two hours away and could finish our vacation at the beach close to our house. We were then told that even if we wanted to move to another room there weren't any available so the staff gladly "comp'ed" the late check out (8pm). Not much of a deal but we were desperate for ac. I walked around the hotel and could see a few rooms that had exhaust lines for these portable ac units so I know that it's not just one isolated room...so be careful if you book.

Onto the positives. This was by far the most friendly staff I've been around at a hotel. This was the main reason I wasn't as upset as I probably should have been. The location is also really great. The beach, fort clinch, and good eateries are all nearby. The hotel was also clean as well. We do like amelia island and we will be visiting again soon but would only stay here again if I was assured that the ac was working in these few rooms.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank eatdrinkandleisure

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I apologize that you experienced what you did with the portable a/c units - there is only one room in the hotel with that issue so I know which one you must have been in. It's a recent situation with the a/c and we have been in there trying to fix it. Were you able to reach an agreeable solution with our management? If not, I'm sure they would be happy to help as much as they can - I would try calling 904-277-2440 and asking for either Dru or Betty. They are very helpful and we know how summers in Florida aren't as fun if your room is muggy.

I am glad to hear that the other aspects of your stay were positive. If you visit the island again, we'd love to host you so that we can earn those other 3 stars.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family stayed here on June 9th for 4 days. The room was great...2 Queen beds with full kitchen. Clean and great maid service. Stay comes with complimentary breakfast. Eggs, grits, sausage, hash brown potatoes were all good. Also have assorted fruits, cereals, bagels, English muffins...food was plentiful and kept freshly made. There is also a manager's reception on Wed.night...it was hot dogs and burgers when we were there along with free drinks. The hotel is about 3 blocks from the beach but other than that it was a pleasant stay. I was here on business and will choose it again next year if our conference is again at Amelia Island.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Th0masM

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

Your review made my mouth water - I love our breakfasts! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our accommodations met your needs. We'd love to have you again if you're back in town for business. If you're a marathon business traveler, we have several complimentary services (such as picking up your groceries and delivering them to your room) that might help you relax while you're working.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times. This is really a nice hotel. I have no issue telling anyone to stay here. Clean comfy modern rooms. Nice breakfast in the morning, They have a couple "socials" during the week a bbq with beer and wine, no charge. Staff is great. Not located on the beach, your not getting that, but an easy safe walk to the beach. Be a good place to go with a bunch of kids, room is a bit pricey but they have a full kitchen , dishwasher etc. I think it is nicer then the efficiencies at the Hampton Inn downtown, which I have also stayed at. Recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your recommendations to friends and family! I always enjoy being able to ramble on about all of our amenities, and since we are only 3 years old (celebrating 4 years in August), the entire property is pretty new.

We look forward to hosting you and your friends and family in the future, and safe travels!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights late April as visiting our friend in Yulee. Decided to stay at this particular hotel as the reviews were very good plus the location suited us, near to the beach,amenities, as well as near to our friend. Initially we were going to stay for 6 days as we thought the drive from Alabama would take longer. We spoke to the reservation clerk who stated that staying the extra night would not be a problem. We arrived late after 9pm but the reception clerk could not have been more helpful telling us were to park and what side entrance would assist us to help with our luggage. The room had everything to offer, especially a very comfee bed and full kitchen which we used a fair few days to entertain our friend and her son. The breakfast choice was more than adequate, well cooked, stocks replenished regular and plates were cleared away as soon as possible. The amenities could not be faulted and it made a pleasant change to lounge around the pool rather than a trip to the beach. The hotel staff in my opinion were some of the most hospitable,friendly and helpful staff that I have come across. On several occasions the lady in charge of housekeeping made sure that our requests were carried out as soon as possible. The hotel and grounds are kept spotlessly clean and tidy and the staff give the impression that they like the job they do. The only downside to this hotel was that it did not have a bar but this did not detract from a very enjoyable stay throughout. If visiting this area again from the UK will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm so glad that your suite made for a comfortable environment for you and your friend and her son. It really sounds like you took advantage of a lot of our amenities, which is always great to hear. I'll see what I can do about that bar... :)

Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you cross The Pond!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!