We just LOVE staying at the Amelia Island Residence Inn! It is perfect for our family. Great value, beautiful, and relaxing. The staff is SO helpful! I always know what to expect when we stay here.
This is our second time staying here. Our first time, my husband and I spent our honeymoon here (2009). The hotel looks like it was just built: clean and perfect. This year we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite because another family member stayed with us. And, the rest of the family stayed in another 2 bedroom suite. They don't have that many on each floor, so we were separated the width of the hotel, but that was fine.
Room Description: We had a full kitchen. They all have a kitchen, but ours (like we had in 2009) had a full stone with cooktop, large refrigerator, dish washer, sink. Dining table w/chairs. Living area was fine. I believe all rooms look very similar. The bed is VERY hard! So just be aware of that. But the bedding was nice and clean. Very relaxing. I wish there was a vanity for you to sit at to put make up on and style your hair. I ended up putting a dining chair in front of the sink, but was awkward.
I think one of the main reasons I like this hotel so much is the breakfast! It was wonderful! Eggs, different meats each day, french toast, grits, different muffins, breads, fruits, waffle maker, juices, coffees. I just couldn't wait to eat the breakfast. We attended one social event during the afternoon: hotdogs and lemonade (didn't try the snow cone machine). It was very nice next to the pool.
I found out they had a shuttle that can take you to many different places on the island. We had our own car, so we didn't use this. My sister-in-law, who was staying with us, rented a bicycle with a friend and road it on the trail from hotel all the way to Ft. Clinch Park.
Didn't have a chance to try the pool. Either too many kids, or lightening. Recommend staying in a room on the back side of hotel where it is quieter. That's where we were.
One suggestion: The beds needs to be softer or have a pillow top. Very hard.
Looking forward to coming back again for a third time sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL