Residence Inn Amelia Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Surf Beach Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Seaside Amelia Inn(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,505 results
All reviewsfire pittwo bedroom suitefull kitchenputting greenamelia islandnature trailcreek greenwaysmall kitchenfree shuttlefree breakfasttwo blockswalking distance to the beachhot tuboatmealbike rentalsgreat place to staybreakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Overall, I really liked this hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Very dog friendly Hotel. Staff were very nice and prompt in responding to request. I was disappointed to learn after a visit to my doctor this morning that I got "hot tub rash" from being in their hot tub. Apparently it is caused from bacteria in the water. Lesson learned..don't use public hot tubs.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I was happy to read that our hotel’s accommodations met your needs and that our staff addressed any needs promptly! However I am sorry to hear about your hot tub rash – I have let our maintenance engineer know. He maintains the hot tub and I’m sure he wants to know when there are issues. Thank you for the heads up – we haven’t heard of any issues from others but this will keep us on alert.

Thank you again for your input, and we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wonderful hotel....Clean and stylish. Modern feel. The amenities were all up to date and clean. The staff was so wonderful and helpful. They even were considerate to allergies that I told them I had and substituted part of our Romance package with other items of equal or additional value. They left a wonderful note in our room and really made us feel they really put personal consideration and thought into our stay at Ameila Island. Staff in breakfast area / lounge was cheerful and pleasant. Kept the area clean and sanitary for all the guest eating there. Close proximity to walk to the beach. We had king bed suite and it was spacious. Bathroom was nice size.

Room Tip: Had view of pool. Was very quiet. We used the stairs all the time since the many access by key doors made it easy for us to enter and just go up three flights of stairs and we right at our room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your Romance Package! We were happy to find alternatives to the Godiva chocolates, and I’m glad that those were good substitutes. Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Inn, and we hope to have you again soon. (If you liked the Romance Package, you have to try the Historic Sunset Tour next!) :)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had researched quite a bit before booking our accommodations on Amelia Island. The Residence Inn had very positive reviews so we decided to try it out. I am so glad we did! We had a King suite which had a nice kitchen area (smaller full size fridge, microwave, stove cook top -no oven, dishwasher& sink) with a table with 2 chairs, a main living area with a pull out sofa, chair & flat screen tv and a separate bedroom with the king size bed and another tv. The bedroom was connected to the vanity area and another door took you into the shower and toilet. It worked out so well for us! It was a short walk to the beach which was nice, but we spent most of our time by the pool. The absolute best part of our stay (which I did not see mentioned in any other reviews I read) were the hotel events. One night for the "Manager's toast" they served appetizers: cheese& crackers, pita bread & hummus, chips & salsa, veggies & dip, chips, beer and wine. Another night was "cookout" and we had burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, chips, potato salad, cole slaw, beer, wine or pop. The final themed event was "nacho night" nachos and cheese and beverages. This was in addition to the wonderful hot breakfast that was served daily. What a great surprise!
Overall hotel breakdown:
Pros:
-Nice pool area with hot tub
-Clean hotel
-Friendly & helpful staff
-Nice breakfast every morning (eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, juices, etc)
-Quick walk to the beach
-Immediately behind the hotel was an entrance to Egan's Creek Greenway - nature walk to see gators, turtles, birds, and river otters
-Nice room layout
-Reasonable rate
-10 minute drive to downtown Fernandina - very cute town with lots of good restaurants
-Very relaxing, laid back atmosphere

Cons:
-The beds were not the most comfy and the pillows were flat. We asked for a thicker pillow and they had some that were not down and were slightly better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer such a glowing review of our hotel!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your suite and the amenities. I have to say - sometimes it's hard to work when just a few feet away, guests are enjoying the pool in the sun! Haha but I'm glad. We love taking part in the Residence Inn tradition of offering evening socials! We also just bought a popcorn machine and a sno cone machine, and sommmme of us are trying to plant it in Bob's ear to get a cotton candy machine too!

We have taken down your comments about the bed, and I actually think we are going to be making some changes to the bed arrangements over the next year or two. It sounds like you were able to attain some of our foam pillows - you're right, they CAN be thicker than the standard down pillows.

We invite you to stay again with us anytime, and safe travels!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

First I want to say thank you Charlene for your great customer service. You greeted me when I checked in and when I checked with a smile. The location is good and an easy walk to the beach, or if you prefer a 5-7 minute ride to the Main beach with paved parking. I was there on a Thursday/Saturday and the beach got very crowded on Saturday at noon. I suggest you travel during he week if you prefer less crowds. I was on the 5th floor facing the pool which was quiet(note: during the week/kids still in school). My room was very, very nice. I was in the studio suite and it looked exactly like the picture online. Tastefully decorated, clean, updated with a full kitchen,flat screen and spacious. Location is a short drive to: walmart, dollar tree, target, grocery stores. Also downtown with shops/eateries a very easy drive with free parking. All staff were very friendly and helpful . I have shared this with friends/family and will definitely visit here again.

Room Tip: I was here off season(after spring break/before memorial day holiday) A pleasant time during the week if you prefer less crowds. Also i think there is a walking trail, rocking chairs on front, hot tub and the back side of the bldg faces greenery,lobby is nice to socialize as is outside poolside furniture.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I have passed on your compliments to Charlene - she is definitely an asset to our staff and her warmth radiates to our guests as well as the rest of us!

I'm glad you enjoyed your suite and amenities. It sounds like you're a beach lover - next time you're in town, I recommend checking out Amelia Island State Park toward the south end of the island. It's a little quieter and can be fairly secluded! We also offer Let's Beach It! packages, which you might also enjoy.

We would love to see you and your friends/family return to the island for some relaxation. Please let us know how we can help!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was our second stay at Residence Inn Amelia Island and it was even better than the first time. This hotel is kept exceptionally clean and the staff is the friendliest and most professional. Everyone says hello and smiles. You can tell they enjoy working there.

This time we got a one bedroom suite which we thoroughly enjoyed. With a kitchen available, it was easy to have snacks and beverages handy. I have to say I did not cook; it was vacation after all, but having everything there can be a huge savings. The pool was warm and inviting, the rocking chairs out front are a nice touch, and I really love the ice water with lemons and limes in it that is placed as you enter the hotel so you can refresh yourself. It's these little touches that make us keep returning.

Not only is breakfast provided, but during the three nights we were there, one night was a manager's reception with cheese and crackers, beer, wine, and soda. Another night there was a barbeque with burgers, hot dogs, meatballs, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, garden salad, and the assortment of beverages as before. Complimentary...a thank you to the guests.

It's about a block from the beach, easy walk, and just the best place to stay if you're headed to Amelia Island. This won't be our last trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TAGrammy

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I have passed your compliments on to our staff! We work hard to remain a Marriott award-winning hotel and it's encouraging to hear such praise. Not to mention, you touched on one of my favorite items in the hotel, too! The citrus water in the lobby is so refreshing, I make my own at home now! (2 oranges, 2 lemons, a few sprigs of mint in a gallon pitcher is great and can be refilled once or twice before the fruit requires replacing!) I'm so glad you enjoyed our evening socials - those meatballs are my kryptonite!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return.