My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in late January 2013. We try to stay in a Residence Inn whenever possible when traveling because it is usually such a great value, offering a big, comfortable room, extensive free breakfast and the hospitality you would expect staying at a Marriott hotel. This hotel offers all of that. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with kitchen facilities. We did not plan on cooking but utensils were there, but like to have the option of having a refrigerator for cold drinks and leftovers and use of the microwave and coffee maker.The location is very convenient. It is located a short walk (about 1/4 - 1/2 mile) down the block to the beach but at this time of year that wasn't as important to us. It is less than 10 minutes to drive to the historic downtown area for shopping and dining. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the facilities were kept very clean. I used their fitness center once while there and it was small but adequate for my purpose of a cardio workout. We sat out at the pool to sun ourselves on 2 unusually warm afternoons and the lounge chairs were very comfortable and pool towels were there for our use. If in the area again, I would definitely try to book a stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL