As a Marriott rewards member for many years, my family and I stay almost exclusively at Marriott facilities, from Fairfield Inns to JW Marriotts. When we want an exceptional value we stay at Residence Inns which offer an amazing breakfast and sometimes a light supper Mon - Thurs. When I found out they had built a Residence at Amelia Island, I was excited since as an Ohio teacher we like to travel at spring break and North Florida offers warm but not hot weather during April.Even though it was spring break for many others and the hotel was booked,when we visited the breakfast area, we could always find a seat and the Marriott employees kept the area immaculate. With many children there, you can imagine how difficult that could be. Not only were the employees efficient, they went above and beyond in courtesy. The rooms are modern and upscale and , of course, include the full kitchen with refrigerator. If you are looking for a good place for a beach vacation, this is it. This hotel is two blocks from the beach, shopping and restaurants are within walking distance, and a quaint and historic downtown with reasonable restaurants is a short driving distance. The hotel is right on the street which makes it very convenient but at times noisy if you are sitting outside by the fire pit or at the pool or large whirlpool . I believe when the landscaping becomes more mature, the noise will lessen, and since it was spring break for the locals, there probably was more traffic than usual. A nature preserve and walking trail behind the hotel was a very pleasant and quiet way to get some exercise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL