“A camping Gem”

Fort Clinch State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This state park preserves Florida's history.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have recently stayed at the river campground at the park. My site was amazing and I was very close to the river. I stayed for a few days and if the weather would have stayed nice, I would have stayed longer. Birds everywhere, I had an armadillo wandering around my campsite at night,I loved it, and the deer came out at dusk. I enjoyed walking the beach, and the many nature trails the park offers, as well as the informative tour of the Fort itself. The road into the park is very beautiful, a canopy of old moss covered trees that make for an excellent photo op! Down one of the trails, on top of a post in an osprey nest, an owl was setting on her eggs and lots of folks were getting their cameras out! I will be back for sure, great area!

2  Thank Donna0329
Write a ReviewReviews (2,808)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Miles of shoreline to enjoy, Clean restrooms, and beautiful dunes. Filled out pockets with shells, watched dolphins jump. The beach attracts several varieties of shore birds.

2  Thank Sabrina W
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We did a short trek through this gorgeous state park and will come back when we can spend half a day or more. There is a cool long pier separate from family beach and restroom area, lovely moss covered old trees, and what looked like a pretty fun family beach area. Camp sites too. It looked all well-maintained.

Oh, my hubby is in a wheelchair and getting up on the pier was easy, parking good too. Yeah, Florida!

1  Thank sandy l
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My and and I tent camped here 3yrs ago and other then the Armadillo visit it was a 10! I recently rode through the park with my adult son giving him a tour as he likes to camp as well. Weather you're here overnight or for the day, this is a beautiful state park with a lot to offer!

1  Thank NcJojo
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Really enjoyed hiking the many nature trails! Beautiful beaches and an awesome pier. We will be back hopefully with an RV to camp on the beach.