“Fantastic FL State Park” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fort Clinch State Park

Fort Clinch State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This state park preserves Florida's history.
Winter Garden, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic FL State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just spent an afternoon at Fort Clinch and am already planning my return trip!. The canopy covered drive in is beautiful itself. The setting, on the northern tip of Amelia Island, is amazing. Even though our visit was on a sweltering Aug. afternoon, the brick tunnels of the Fort were a cool respite. The re-enactors were so friendly and knowledgeable. It was so nice to be able to wander on our own - at our own pace and check out all the nooks and crannies. There are some great photographic spots on the property. This was a great non-touristy historic experience!

1 Thank Hammockdreamer

Albany, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“nice park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We did not go into the fort, so I can not review that, we did however go to the beach several time s to look for sharks teeth and do the whole drive of the park. The beach, pier area is very nice, all the facilities you could need. I did find serveral sharks teeth on the beach as well as a variety of shells. Really enjoyed it here.

Visited July 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Even my teenagers loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wow! Can't believe I had never heard of Fort Clinch prior to looking for somewhere to camp with my girls on two weeks notice. Was by accident we ended up here,happen to have two spaces available. Was DEFINETLY worth buying the tent and camping out with the kids, three girls, 15,16, and 5. We ALL had a great time. Recommend the river camp. Canopy from trees made sites perfect. Beaches so large and clean, shelling wonderful. Best of all was the Fort. We spent hours and was very impressed with fact most of it intact. Nature trails were a treat for all, even had benches to take a rest during walk. So much to do and also very relaxing. Enjoyable for all ages:)
Kudos to the staff from check in and out to beach rangers and Fort guides, all very helpful.

So many parks to visit, but I will be back to this hidden treasure.

Ormond Beach, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fort Clinch State Park and Fort..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am extremely glad I took time out to visit this Fort and Park.. Cost me $6.00 to get in the park and $2.00 to visit the Fort.. That $2.00 was the best money I spent all day.. The rangers dress the part in uniform and will answer every question asked and also give you a history lesson of what went on at the Fort.. Great for kids and adults alike.. They have re-enactments during the year.. I will come back for one of those.. Fla. History at it's best..

1 Thank Bradlem1
Dania Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Historic Old Florida/Georgia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Lot's of history, educational. A part of what makes America great!
Try to stay in the shade though and speak with the re-enactors for
good feel of the times