“Elegant and Peaceful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“Elegant and Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Wow! Walking into the Williams House was a wonderful way to start my Florida vacation. Truly elegant and I felt I found my vacation getaway. I explored the house while being walked to my room by my host Byron. He filled me in on what to do around town and where I could have a nice dinner. My room was called the Santa Maria. The room was beautiful with a bonus of an old claw foot tub. Wine hour was fantastic! I got to know the owners Deborah and Byron.They had many stories to tell of the old house and the towns surroundings. I slept like a baby after my long soak in the tub and woke to a wonderful breafast of Blueberry French Toast,fruit and sausage. Yummy! The staff was nice and helpful with any of my questions and my stay was top notch. I will be back every chance I get to my now home away from home!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own unique appeal...I am going to try all of them!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Neptune Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

After much research my husband and I finally decided on staying at the Williams House in Fernandina for our anniversary weekend. We choose it for the amenities it offers, hot tub, free bike use and semi-private porch. Also the close proximity to town was a major draw. We hit the jack pot with our decision. During the weekend we used the bikes to ride all over Fernandina and enjoyed the hot tub. We walked into town to enjoy the restaurants and bars. There are so many local restaurants it is hard to choose. Our innkeeper recommended Le Clos and 29 South, both were excellent. Byron and Deborah run a fantastic B&B, will definitely be back.

2 Thank Justine C
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had read so many rave reviews about the innkeepers that maybe I was expecting too much. We felt like we were given a major rush-job greeting. Christmas decorations were beautiful and the rooms were indeed very cozy. Breakfast was ok at best...Egg thing was very good, but a slice of regular bread toasted with one thin slice of tomato was on the very cheap side....for the price. I guess we expected a little more home-made breads/muffins and toppings at a bed AND BREAKFAST. We did really enjoy Fernandina Beach, walking through the shops of the old down town area toward the wharf. The Innkeepers did not 'appear' to be in the house much at all...

1 Thank taklt12
Pascagoula, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Another review for another season! Are you looking for a place this Winter that is all of the above? This is it! Such warm and good feelings here, sweet sleep and mmmmmm the food! And all the holiday decorations just add to the joy of the season. So whether you want to just curl up and relax in a lovely room, swing on the front porch swing, enjoy a beautiful courtyard with a warm drink, treat yourself to good sleep, or take a bike ride to the beautiful beach, it's all here! (Yep beaches and sweaters just go perfectly together.)

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Tracy G
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Peace & Relaxation with my Mister! My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful getaway to The Williams House to celebrate his 40th Birthday! It was a long overdo short vacation on Thanksgiving night to get some Us time during the holiday and the everyday hustle & bustle. We stayed in the Smugglers Cove. It was so peaceful & relaxing, we forgot that we were not alone in the Williams House! No noise from others or traffic. The bed was very comfortable and the room appeared to be catered to our perfection. The ambience was perfect from the entrance, restroom and the patio, with the hot tub located outside. Lets just say we didn't want to leave... The Williams House staff and Inn keepers were surperb! They demonstrated excellent customer service and made us feel like we were longtime friends. The food was so good , especially the pear halve with a delicious syrup with whip cream on top! We had dinner at Davids which is right next to the THEM! It was great, a must do! The Williams House is minutes away from the dwntwn shops and various eaterys This was our 2nd visit to the Williams House & we will be back AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Smugglers Cove is a must if you want to have privacy,and enjoy ur loved one!
2 Thank precgemz
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was at Williams House for a wedding of two of my dearest friends and it was a beautiful, memorable day and stay. I stayed in the Santa Maria room which was very pretty and larger than I anticipated. I had two great sleeps and loved the fact that the room had a terrace plus a roomy bathroom. Both breakfasts were delicious. Amelia Island is very special--wonderful to walk around in and I spent time reading at the Harbor. Williams House is a gem and I hope to have the chance to return one day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Debbie R
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and it was great. We walked to the downtown area several times a day for eating, drinking, and exploring. Never made it to the breakfast, but heard it was delicious. I would stay here again. The area is so old and breath taking.

Room Tip: Definitely go on their website to view the different rooms, I didn't have a choice b/c I was ass...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,373 reviews
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,393 reviews
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#3 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re...
#7 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,601 reviews

Been to Amelia Island Williams House? Share your experiences!