“Everything an Inn Should Be and More...”

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Everything an Inn Should Be and More...”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

All of the accolades that other reviewers have posted about the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge are true, as I experienced first-hand this past Labor Day Weekend. I stay in Inns and Bed and Breakfasts whenever I travel, but never have I experienced the level of customer service and genuine hospitality that prevails at The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge.

I brought my 86 year-old father and his nurse to this lodge, so that my father could see the beach again; he spent the summer in the hospital and in rehabilitation. I chose this lodge because it sits right on the ocean, has a covered wrap-around porch with rockers that allow guests to be rejuvenated by the beach without actually sitting on the beach, and because The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge has a reputation for striving to exceed its guests' expectations. I knew that my father would need a lot of extra attention, in order to make this trip a reality.

The exemplary service started when I called to make a reservation. When we walked through the door, it was obvious that the staff had been anticipating our arrival. They knew that my father was handicapped and in a weakened state. We were warmly greeted, given a tour of the inn and the Miller Cottage (where we stayed), and given fresh squeezed lemonade and chocolate chip cookies to munch on while we unpacked. This warmth continued throughout the weekend.

We spent the majority of our days sitting on the porch overlooking the ocean. We didn't need to leave the inn until dinner time each day; we looked forward to the breakfast buffet by the sea, ordered from the inn's soup, salad, and sandwich menu for lunch, and were treated to appetizers at sunset. The staff brought us a bucket of ice, pitchers of water, iced tea, and soft drinks througout the day (without being asked to do so). We read newspapers, talked to guests, and relaxed. We were at the beach without going out on the beach. Perfect!

At this inn, nothing is a problem. When the water heater went out in this cottage on this holiday weekend, the staff could not do enough to make up for this inconvenience. The manager, Olivia, called the necessary service personnel and they came to make repairs immediately. We were relocated to the inn while repairs were made and we were not charged for one of the 3 nights of our stay; we did not ask for this compensation...it just happened because of the way this inn does business with its guests. The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is all about service and creating wonderful memories for its guests.

We appreciated the concierge service from the front desk staff; they made dinner reservations, provided written directions to the restaurants, and called ahead to make sure that each restaurant could accommodate diners with wheelchairs. Make sure that you go to Kelly's Courtyard Cafe for the ambiance, service and the superb, freshly prepared food.

Every staff member at this inn (and there are quite a few) seems to have been carefully chosen. They all enjoy what they do, love people, and have been well-trained. A vacation at this inn is worth the price; there are so many extras included in a night's stay.

The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge has perfected the inn experience. I wish that I could be there now...

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family (more than 2 adults), the Miller Cottage is spacious and has a ki...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank EPFP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Middle Georgia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The employees were so nice and accommodating and helpful. The breakfast was DELICIOUS! We could see and hear the ocean from our room. At night, we left the windows partially open to listen to the waves crashing all night. The room wasn't anything fancy but it had everything you needed along with a comfy bed and hot shower. And it was clean. It was so nice just walking out the door onto the beach and not having to worry about towels and chairs and umbrellas since they were all complementary and waiting for you on the beach. I don't have any negative things to say about this B&B! It was a fabulous trip!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gingam
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I spent our 21st wedding anniversary here and the reviews were right on point! The staff was wonderful, the room was clean and well appointed, and the location was perfect. Breakfast was very nice and had something for everyone. The evening happy hour was so filling we did not go out for dinner either night we were there. We will definitely return, probably for our anniversaty next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alachuagoulds
North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent a week at Elizabeth Point Lodge during Labor Day Weekend. When we first arrived there weren't many people there so it was like we had the place to ourselves. Once Friday arrived there were noticably more guests. The service and attention that we received when we first arrived did not change once the weekend crowd was there. All of the staff are so great! They are very helpful and go out of their way to make sure that everything is how you want it. Upon arrival, the front desk person will escort you to your room-which I liked. Several other things that we thought were worth noting: the food (including breakfast & hors d'oeuvres) was all wonderful! Because we ate so much at breakfast, we didn't have to leave the beach during lunch time to eat. We just waited until dinner time to eat again. The rooms are all different & unique. I was suprised (especially once it got crowded) how quiet it was at night. We were on the 3rd floor so I could hear someone walking around above us but after about 10:00pm, all was quiet for the rest of the night. This is a big deal for me when I travel so I was very pleased with this aspect of the lodge. Another plus, the staff will set up & take down chairs and umbrellas on the beach. So there is no lugging all of that stuff to & from the beach...which by the way is just steps away from the lodge!! It is also very close to historical downtown Fernandina. Even though it is a small island, there are still some things to do when you get tired of sitting on the beach.
All of these things-attentive staff, good food, and great location-make this a wonderful getaway for adults.

Room Tip: All rooms are different, but each has an oversize marble tub or a jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I found Eizabeth Pointe here at TripAdvisor after my husband had made reservations at another hotel in Jacksonville as a part beach time, part business trip for him and play for me. Because he had to stay in a comany approved hotel for business, we decided to leave for this trip early and stay a Elizabeth Pointe for a few days to relax before going into Jacksonville for his busness meetings. After checking the online reservations, they showed to be fully booked. However, after calling, we were able to secure an oceanside room. The only problem was after staying with the extraordinary people and surroundings at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, it was extremely hard to leave to go stay in a hotel. Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is the real deal. By that I mean that the innkeepers are brilliant at what they do with the beautiful lodge they have created. Entering Elizabeth Pointe Lodge evokes a feeling of a lovely Cape Cod or Hamptons beach house and experiencing Southern hospitality at its very best. The decor and feel of the lodge is charming New England style, with beautiful vintage brass fixtures, inviting common areas that make you want to sink in and never leave the comfort of the lodge. The extraordinary staff is warm and welcoming, and the fare bountiful and delicious. The expansive wrap-around porch with rocking chairs overlooking the ocean draw you in quickly and it's difficult to move any further from the rocking chairs on the porch to your room. But you do, eventually. Our room on the third floor overlooking the ocean was lovely. The room was not massively large, but still contained every amenity necessary -- king-size bed with exquisite linens, flat screen television in the antique armoire, jetted tub in the vintage styled bath. A wonderful full breakfast buffet is served every morning in the ample dining room overlooking the ocean, along with freshly baked cookies in the afternoon and wine and appetizers every evening. The first evening of our stay, a beautiful baked salmon was served. We enjoyed the company of the innkeepers and the other guests on the large wraparound porch. Dinner reservations/recommendations can be made by the staff for many of the wonderful restaurants on this lovely, quaint island. Bicycle rentals are avalable at the lodge for exploring Amelia Island and the Fernandina Beach. And fluffy beach towels are available when trekking to the beach just a few steps outside. The staff arranges the beach umbrellas and loungers every mornng on the beach for guests. Sunblock, snacks and logoed shirts and caps, an artwork of the inn are available in the lodge near the front desk. Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is topnotch. It has achieved one of the highest ratings as an inn by Select Registry, by Conde Naste and has been written up in the New York Times. I can understand all the kudos. These innkeepers go about making you feel like a part of the family and a cherished guest at the same time. And somehow they remain humble and low key about their excellent service. You cannot go wrong staying here. It's pure pleasure and serene relaxation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night....this being our really only vacation for the year. Checked in.....lively common room area. Shown our room but upon close inspection it did not meet my expectations for what we paid. The floor had not been swept under the bed....there was a magazine under the bed which would have been removed if the room had been properly cleaned. The bed itself (mattress) was off center of the box springs which made it difficult to get off and on the bed on one side, sheets would not stay put..very irritating. The bathroom counter was made of wood.....very rippled and the varnish was coming off. Please tell me how you SANITIZE it???? YUCK. The "Marble tub" as advertised was faux marble and the "Bubble bath" was merely shower get. The vent for the a/c was caked with dust and since it blew in my face all night, I continually breathed in dust and mildew. The window shade was tattered on one side due to inferior quality room inspections and looked distasteful. Overall, the room did not have the attention it needed to make it the property it has been reviewed at. I would much rather have stayed at the other end at the high end HOTEL. Gave the checkout my list of things I found deficient and never heard a word from management. Will not recommend; albiet, breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Becky0103
Elizabethpointelodge, General Manager at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
I agree with all your observations. We had the unfortunate case of a housekeeper in training and the absence that day of our Inspector who checks all our rooms. The items found are inexcusable. The quality and presentation did not meet our expectation either. All of the items have been addressed…even the sink. Since it is a “one of a kind” we had a replica made and it is now “in place” while the original is being refurbished.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are retraining as you read this.

Olivia Hoblit
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We fell in love with Elizabeth Pointe Lodge during our trip to Amelia Island last week and we plan to return to enjoy the beach, the interesting accommodations, and the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff at Elizabeth Pointe. The Lodge is, in fact, right on the beach, and the inn provides guests with umbrellas and chairs free. Elizabeth Point Lodge is only a very short drive to nearby dining, shopping, and historic sites. The main house has a variety of well appointed rooms, several with an ocean view, and the main lobby is a hubbub of activity and conversation. My wife and I and our two daughters (20+) were booked into the Miller House, a great accommodation for families. Unfortunately for us, our pet of 16 years died during our trip and we were forced to leave early. But, we plan to return to this terrific B&B.

Room Tip: Miller House is great for families
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Elizabeth Pointe Lodge? Share your experiences!