All of the accolades that other reviewers have posted about the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge are true, as I experienced first-hand this past Labor Day Weekend. I stay in Inns and Bed and Breakfasts whenever I travel, but never have I experienced the level of customer service and genuine hospitality that prevails at The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge.
I brought my 86 year-old father and his nurse to this lodge, so that my father could see the beach again; he spent the summer in the hospital and in rehabilitation. I chose this lodge because it sits right on the ocean, has a covered wrap-around porch with rockers that allow guests to be rejuvenated by the beach without actually sitting on the beach, and because The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge has a reputation for striving to exceed its guests' expectations. I knew that my father would need a lot of extra attention, in order to make this trip a reality.
The exemplary service started when I called to make a reservation. When we walked through the door, it was obvious that the staff had been anticipating our arrival. They knew that my father was handicapped and in a weakened state. We were warmly greeted, given a tour of the inn and the Miller Cottage (where we stayed), and given fresh squeezed lemonade and chocolate chip cookies to munch on while we unpacked. This warmth continued throughout the weekend.
We spent the majority of our days sitting on the porch overlooking the ocean. We didn't need to leave the inn until dinner time each day; we looked forward to the breakfast buffet by the sea, ordered from the inn's soup, salad, and sandwich menu for lunch, and were treated to appetizers at sunset. The staff brought us a bucket of ice, pitchers of water, iced tea, and soft drinks througout the day (without being asked to do so). We read newspapers, talked to guests, and relaxed. We were at the beach without going out on the beach. Perfect!
At this inn, nothing is a problem. When the water heater went out in this cottage on this holiday weekend, the staff could not do enough to make up for this inconvenience. The manager, Olivia, called the necessary service personnel and they came to make repairs immediately. We were relocated to the inn while repairs were made and we were not charged for one of the 3 nights of our stay; we did not ask for this compensation...it just happened because of the way this inn does business with its guests. The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is all about service and creating wonderful memories for its guests.
We appreciated the concierge service from the front desk staff; they made dinner reservations, provided written directions to the restaurants, and called ahead to make sure that each restaurant could accommodate diners with wheelchairs. Make sure that you go to Kelly's Courtyard Cafe for the ambiance, service and the superb, freshly prepared food.
Every staff member at this inn (and there are quite a few) seems to have been carefully chosen. They all enjoy what they do, love people, and have been well-trained. A vacation at this inn is worth the price; there are so many extras included in a night's stay.
The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge has perfected the inn experience. I wish that I could be there now...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elizabeth Pointe offers oceanfront relaxation with refined Southern hospitality. Wrap-around porches, beautifully decorated rooms, seaside dining at The Pointe Restaurant, 24/7 room service and staff to exceed your expectations will all be a part of your stay at Elizabeth Pointe. Relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and ocean views from the broad porch and you will see why this Inn received the 2017 Conde Nast Best Service Award and is featured as one of Southern Living Magazine's Great Inns of the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL