Seems that if you read through many of the reviews (and throwing out the top and worst reviews) you get some common themes with regards to the Omni.
1. Renovations to the main part of the hotel and pool are fantastic.
2. Rooms are average at best BUT which is ok if the weather is good. Bathroom is not only small but there is little privacy as the sink and vanity part of the bathroom have no door. OMNI - spend a little money and put some sliders or pocket doors in to give a bit more privacy. Could not brush your teeth without waking someone.
3. Best part of room was the balconies (though the old doors do whistle in the wind)
4. Housekeeping: Was fine but often times took till late in the day to get rooms cleaned. OMNI - invest in some inexpensive signs that we can hang on the outside of the door to let housekeeping know they can clean the room. Room only had a privacy sign.
5. Pools were great.
6. Beach is great but we paid $75 for 4 chairs and a tent. Come on Omni, charging for chairs ? Also, there are threats of a $20 charge if towels are not returned.
7. Parking: $20 per day is not actually outrageous for parking but we self parked. Was easy once we figured out the lay of the land.
8. We ate at Sunrise - breakfast was great, dinner was average. We went into Fernandina beach two nights for dinner - was a fun little town to walk around. Ate at Joe's - were able to handle a big party no problem, very accommodating and food and service were excellent.
9. Unlike some reviewers we thought the service was excellent across the board. People went out of their way to help, especially when the weather turned. They went to their plan B and came up with lots of stuff for the kids to do.
10. Golf - this is not TPC or Augusta - it is resort golf. Lots of play so the course gets chewed up plus no rangers. Practice facilities are limited. Several other better courses to play if you are a real player but if you don't mind resort golf you get two courses with some pretty cool views especially along the water.
In summary, we had a fun 5 days with the kids using the mini golf, checking out the nature center, using the indoor pool at the spa and eating pizza in the village area or playing all sorts of games both indoor and out at the pool. There was lots to do. With the Omni you have several massive buildings which probably should have been knocked down and rebuilt from scratch which probably would have been too expensive so I am sure they did the best they could with the rooms. If you want more space, go with the Villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adult-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000-square-foot family-friendly splash pool, a splash park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelPower so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL