Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
$149
$80
$206
$189
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$150
$140
ComfortSuites
Seaside Amelia Inn(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$176
Residence Inn Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$224
$175
Priceline
Amelia Hotel at the Beach(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Travelocity
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Orbitz.com
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge(Fernandina Beach)
$295
Priceline
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
$807
$739
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
HotelQuickly
4,535 results
All reviewssunrise cafenature centerfalcon's nestmarche burettenatural slicethe main hotelgolf cartoceanside restaurantamelia islandconference centersegway tourpool areashuttle serviceself parkingocean viewbeautiful propertyfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend. The views are amazing from the room. The beds, linens and pillows are super comfortable and luxurious! The walkways don't bother me. It is an older hotel that has been renovated, and that's why the property is so beautiful.

I was however disappointed that I felt I was getting high jacked the whole time. It's $20 to leave your car in valet over night. I did not know this and we had two cars so that was $40 per day. It's also $35 for a chair and umbrella on the beach. Excuse me but when I'm paying $300 per night I expect a free chair on the beach. Also there were no towels on the beach. We had to walk all the way to the pool for towels which was quite a schlep.

The food was horrendous. We ate at plae one night and spent over $100 for a meal that was vile. We ordered fish tacos by the pool that seriously tasted like the fish was bad. Since we ate them on the beach we didn't feel like walking all the way back to the restaurant to complain so we threw them in the trash. After that we would not eat at the resort and went to David's in town for a fabulous five star meal where we got what we paid for.

The staff was amazing and friendly. They were helpful and kind. They could not do enough for us. We loved our room. It was the nickel and diming and bad food I didn't like. If I go back I will self park, not eat at the resort, and I guess suck it up and pay $35 for a beach chair even tho I think it's thievery at a resort like this. We ended up paying $400 per night which is pretty high considering the disappointments. We should have stayed at the ritz. Sorry Omni I really wanted to like you more.

Room Tip: They all have great ocean views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Delraybeach926
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We're so glad you enjoyed the accommodations and that you and your girlfriend appreciated the ocean views and our comfortable beds. We do however apologize if you found the cost of some of our amenities to be unsatisfactory. While we do offer complimentary towel service, our guests can only check them out at the pool. We do this to keep a better track of inventory, but we are sorry if this was not clearly pointed out to you. Please allow us to also apologize for the cuisine and for any opportunities that our culinary team might have missed out on. While the restaurant PLAE is located on our property, it is not actually part of the Omni resort, but we will certainly pass along the information to their management staff. Thank you again for highlighting so many great things about the resort, including our staff and the accommodations. We do hope that you will reconsider coming back to the resort and letting us exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was at this "resort" for only one night thank goodness. It is laid out like an old school Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson's. I had to walk on a breezeway to get to my room which opened outside. I did not feel safe. The door had to be pushed to lock and the room and bathroom were unsatisfactory. This is NOT luxury. I cannot imagine how they charge over $200 per night in OFF season for these ratty rooms. The room service was quick but the quality of the food pretty dreadful. I had to send back the brown, dead lettuce salad and the old, overcooked shrimp that were inedible, too. The room service manager claimed he took these items off my bill. He lied. He did not and I had to go through the whole thing again at checkout to get my $ back.

Then I decided to sit on the bed to watch TV. As I was putting down my bottle of water (my own, not going to pay $4.00 for their overpriced stuff) I saw a bunch of stains on the top sheet over the duvet, a dark scuffy stain, 4 small red stains that may have been blood and then one icky stain that I couldn't get to show up in the picture but it appears that someone had been having some personal recreation on the sheet and it had not been replaced. UGH! I immediately called housekeeping and a supervisor came in, also said "ugh, that's awful" and took away the dirty sheet and then a lovely lady named Brenda came in with 2 clean sheets and made up the bed. Brenda was the only nice person I encountered during my first evening at the hotel. She is a gem and she needs a raise. She apologized for the sheet, but she should not have had to, it wasn't her fault. Whoever is responsible for that mess needs to be fired..

Then I realized the bellman who emptied my car had not brought up one of my bags so I called and asked it to be brought- it never was. By this time after dealing with a disgusting bed sheet and inedible food I had no energy to fight this place anymore so I just went to bed. The items in that bag were not essential.

The lady who checked me in did not give me the frequent guest hangtag to put on my door so I missed my free coffee I was supposed to get. And, worst of all the clock in the room was set to central time. Really? I was late to a meeting because I was looking at that clock. Trust me, I am always going to bring my own clock in the future but never in all my years of traveling has that ever happened to me. A Marriott house cleaner would have noticed this and re-set the clock. I know they would have.

After my meeting I then had to go through a long explanation with the front desk clerk of all the issues I had had. Meghan was a gem and was very kind and very obliging. She credited me for the coffee that should have been free and for the bad food. I wasn't offered anything for the most offending item, the disgusting sheet, however. Meghan is not to blame for this, however, nor was she to blame for anything else that happened, yet this lovely young woman was stuck, like Brenda, apologizing to me for the stupidity of other employees. I appreciated her thoughtfulness, but as I told her, she should not have to apologize for other people's errors. Meghan needs a raise, too. It is because of Meghan, Brenda and Jessica Gaskins an asst. mgr who did a fantastic job of keeping people moving out of the parking lot during checkout that this hotel got two stars and not one. These 3 employees, Brenda, Meghan and Jessica, all get 5 big stars in my book. They are wonderful and this hotel does not deserve them. They are too good to be working here. But they did somewhat save my opinion of the place. I still would never come back to this hotel again, but I will remember these 3 wonderful employees as the best of what the hospitality industry has to offer- people who truly care and try to make things right. The only reason I gave 5 stars for overall service is because of these 3 ladies and the fact that my sheet was replaced and my food was removed and refunded. However, a big thump on the head to the bell staff for lying to me.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room, but for sure don't get a handicapped room unless you truly have to have one- mine was on the 3d floor- not convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelMavenFlorida

Please accept our sincere apology concerning your recent stay. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for all of our guests, but it sounds like we dropped the ball in your case. Please know that our entire Management staff has been made fully aware of your comments and we are utilizing your feedback to improve not only our accommodations, but our service as well. Thank you for recognizing the outstanding efforts of Meghan, Brenda, and Jessica. They have been notified of your comments as well and have been commended for their hospitality. I believe one of our managers has already reached out to you to further discuss how we can right this wrong, but please feel free to reach out to me (cboek@omnihotels.com) as well if you have any questions or further comments.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Took my family down to the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort and were very impressed. When you first walk in to the lobby you see the beautiful infinity pool in the foreground and the beach in the background.
The most impressive was the friendliness of the staff. All had smiles on their faces and greeted you in passing. They all seemed to enjoy working there and were always helpful.
If you go, I suggest renting bikes during your stay or, if there are more in your party, a golf cart. There is a lot to do and it makes it very convenient going back and forth from the hotel to shops and restaurants. Also - the Segway tour was so much fun, highly recommended! We also took the Kayak tour which was very interesting. The guides were very good at describing the history and about the various creatures. No worries about gators or snakes as the water is partly salt water.
The only downside is on our last night we found a spider in my son's bed and he had about 4 bites on his leg. It didn't cause any major issues but it was still a bit aggravating.
All in all we will probably go back one of these days. Very relaxing but plenty to do as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the glowing review of our resort! We're absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you plan on returning. It sounds like you got to experience a lot of the activities that make Omni Amelia Island Plantation so great. The guides will be happy to hear that they kept things interesting for you during the kayak tour and we're glad none of the reptiles on the island posed any threat to you or your family. As for that pesky spider, we do apologize. It is generally our policy to refuse any guest with eight legs. We do hope that your son has fully recovered and that you and the entire family will come back soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

For a resort hotel, I expected better. We had a cigar left out on our deck from the previous guest. We called to complain but nothing was ever done. We asked for more pillows and they were never sent. The pools are big but we felt the bottom was dirty. It started raining and we tried to get towels but their policy is to not give towels if it rains. We waited 30 minutes for a bellhop at checkout. We finally did it ourselves. They charge for almost every extra activity. The refrigerator stated the temperature was 40F but our food did not feel cold. Our bathtub drain was clogged. The breakfast buffet was good but expensive. Noticed litter around the resort whether on the sidewalks, road, hallways, etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback that you provided concerning your recent stay. We do genuinely apologize if the resort did not live up to your expectations. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests, not negative ones, and we hope that you did enjoy your time here despite any setbacks. Our Housekeeping Department has been alerted to your unresolved issues. Simply stated, the cigar should not have been there upon your arrival and we're sorry for the inconvenience. All of our rooms do come with extra sheets and pillows, which are located in the linen closet, but additional pillows should have been provided per your request. Our pools are cleaned daily, but occasionally guests will bring sand back with them from the beach. Please contact me directly at cboek@omnihotels.com to further discuss any other areas of opportunity that you might have noticed during your stay. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I just visited the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort for our 10th Anniversary. Like many travelers I scoured previous reviews and am always concerned about making the right choice. I can say that we could not be more pleased with our experience here. They treated us very special.

We spent 5 nights in a full suite directly overlooking the pool. I could see how rooms on the lower floors may be noisy, but the balcony doors are very thick, and we actually spoke to a couple who was on the second floor, and they stated that with the doors closed they could not hear anything.

We ate at pretty much all of the restaurant options on the property and the food was excellent, as was the service. The only restaurant I would not go back to was Plae'...although the food was excellent and service good, it did not have the laid back vacation vibe we got used to. Oceanside was great for lunch and dinner.

I can honestly say all of the staff from the front desk, to wait staff, to pool staff, were polite and took time to engage with you. Everyone was very service oriented. Our suite was very nice, clean and comfortable.

Although we were there as a couple, we were impressed with all of the activities they have available for kids and families. And, it is nice to have a separate adult pool without feeling like it is segregated from the families.

We loved it and will definitely go back. Highlights/recommendations include: drinks and/or lunch poolside, Oceanside for lunch or dinner, Seaglass for drinks and tapas, walk/run on the beach.

Room Tip: Spring for a oceanfront suite. Higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple