“Fastest lasanga in the south!”
Review of Ciao Bistro

Ciao Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Celebrating my wife's birthday, we went to Ciao Bistro on a busy Saturday evening... We were seated within minutes, ordered and was amazed at how swiftly the food was delivered... along with fresh Italian bread rolls (more for the asking)... We were catered to efficiently, however we were not rushed at all. The owner, was attentive, and walked the floor calmly, while checking in on guests, in addition to assisting his staff. This family friendly restaurant was a highlight to our weekend trips to historic downtown.

1  Thank Chuck K

Reviewed January 28, 2014

No doubt, you are in for a good Italian meal. There will be plenty of food. Having dined in many of the true Italian restaurants in New York, both upscale and the mom and pop variety, I would rate this as Very Good Italian fare. For those who have not eaten as much sauce and meatballs as I have, they might say it's outstanding! But it comes close and is a welcome addition. Every town needs a good Italian restaurant. Bring your friends or meet them here and join in the atmosphere; for this place has atmosphere by the bushel full. We went on the weekend and people were obviously enjoying themselves. We were with another couple and it did get loud in the room, but we had fun anyway. If you are going for romantic pasta twirling and eye gazing, ask for a table along the wall because it is one large space. Lights need to dimmed a bit more at night. There is also dining on the outdoor patio which would not be as cacaphonous and I would venture to say a tad more romantic. The setting, in the beautiful downtown of Fernandina Beach, is lovely.
Two of us ordered the fish special and it was cooked to perfection, accompanied by fresh vegs and fingerling potatoes. A friend had the lasagna and loved it . Each couple shared a tiramasu for dessert; yum! We did not order salads or antipasti but saw them go by and they looked very good. I will definitely return again to try other offerings.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I came as a solo diner, on a busy Saturday night. I was warmly greeted and seated by the owner, who also made sure part way through my meal that I was enjoying it. Often as a solo diner the service staff doesn't pay as much attention as you don't represent as high a tip but all of the service staff went out of the way to make me feel welcomed. I ordered one of the specials as an appetizer, a small tossed salad topped with house made grilled sausages that were awesome. Presentation was lovely on a small board but it made it a bit hard to eat. My entree was Rigatoni and Seafood in a creamy vodka sauce. The scallops on top were grilled to perfection and there were many shrimp in the sauce. VERY generous portion, I was way too full to finish the plate.

If it am ever on Amelia Island again I will most certainly revisit Ciao.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were in Fernandina Beach for my birthday on January 4, 2014 and needed a quick bite before retiring for the night. We happened on Ciao Bistro and decided to try their Antipasto Appetizer. Our gracious waiter suggested we not get the big one....but that the smaller one would do. As we sipped our lush, Italian red wine....he presented us with an ample, delightful tray of goodies....one of the finest Antipasto plates we've ever had including those recently we enjoyed in Rome, Italy. The price? A mere $8. Such a buy. Warm and inviting....perfect service....we highly recommend Ciao Bistro...family run with attention to expert service.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This bistro has a very pleasant outdoor patio right along the main street of Fernandina Beach and excellent flat-bread style pizza that was loaded with prosciutto at a reasonable price. Nice selection of beers and a good house Pinot Grigio. Worth a visit (and we plan to go back to sample other items on the menu.) We found they were not open for lunch on Sunday