“New Years Eve was awesome!!”
Review of Ciao Bistro

Ciao Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Canton, Georgia
“New Years Eve was awesome!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Luca, Kim and their team outdid themselves once again. Our New Years dinner was exactly what we have come to expect from Ciao. Elegant, fun and delicious. From the antipasto appetizer to the chocolate mousse dessert, every flavor, temperature and taste was perfect. Given the crowd, we expected a long wait even with our reservations but that didn't happen. Tables were juggled and move seamlessly as party sizes changed throughout the evening, ending with one party of 18 arriving and easily accommodated. With all the buzz, our dinner was served with perfect timing and we didn't feel rushed at all. Bravo to Luca and Kim. We enjoyed ringing in the new year with you.

“Disappointed.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were very excited to eat here. In our previous trips we were unable to get reservations. The meal I received was good but not as advertised on the menu. If all the ingredients were listed on the menu, I would of chose differently. My meal was supposed to have fettachinni, shrimp, mushrooms, marinara and scallops. I asked them to remove the scallops. No problem. The meal I received had fettachinni, shrimp, calamari, clams, mushrooms and tomato sauce. I don't like clams, calamari or traditional spaghetti sauce. I questioned this discrepancy and they said it was how it comes. When I looked at the menu again and showed where it never mentioned the clams or calamari the waiter and manager or owner (unsure who he was) got annoyed with us and walked away. I ended up picking these things out. I feel they handled the situation incorrectly. Telling me that's how it comes was not a good response and walking away was totally unacceptable. So if you choose to eat here, be sure to ask exactly what is in the meal. Do not trust the menu description.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Friday night dinner in a stopover on the way to another destination = potluck. Just walking down the main street in town, and this place looked like it could be interesting. And it was.

You can eat inside or out (we ate inside). Food was really nice Italian, service was good. House wines by the glass were very good.

Eggplant parm was really good -- not at all overdone and mushy as can be the case. Pastas were home made.

We would definitely eat here again! The owner came around and spoke with us.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Ciao Bella!!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Christmas Eve in Fernandina Beach - almost everything closed but Ciao Bistro was wide open and welcoming. The Owner greeted us at the door as if we had been coming there for years - as I watched him greet everyone I could see he loves what he does. Service was extraordinary and the food delightful. Husband has an antipasti for one which was large enough for three to share. My thin crust pizza margerita was perfect. Add some good house wine - we could not have asked for a better unexpected visit. When we left we saw a family of 5 standing in front of the Mexican restaurant which was closed and we quickly told them to go to Ciao Bistro and they would be very happy.

Manama, Bahrain
“Big Disappointment ”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Ciao Bistro has a lot going for it - urban ambience, good wine list, and attentive staff - everything you would expect from a five-star ristorante. But, unfortunately, the owners have taken there eyes off the kitchen.

We were a party of seven, visiting Ciao Bistro in midweek and sampling a wide variety of insalata, pastas, and entrees. We came away uniformly disappointed. The veal picante was soggy - over-floured and sauteed on too low a temperature - the Caesar salad lacked fresh parmesan and anchovies, and the gambera alla scampi was swimming in oil. The antipasto was good, but was likely purchased outside. Overall, there doesn't seem to be enough attention to sourcing and preparation of the best ingredients - a hallmark of good Italian cuisine.