“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Gluten Free
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dinner finally arrived after 1 hour and 10 minute wait. Special was not as described. Owner offered free dessert as a condolence but then charged $11 for the two coffees that came with dessert! Waiter was frustrated and unable to solve any issues on his own.
There are many good places to eat in historic Fernandina Beach and I will never set foot in this place again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank JBH717

SC
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Mr. Luca, the owner, catered personally to the bank President who showed up and had no time for others who wanted to compliment him on his restaurant, which I thought was rude. Food was great and wait staff was excellent and pricing was good for the meal. Get there early.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank KDHSc
Southbury, Connecticut
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time eating at Ciao since Luca moved restaurant to the downtown Fernandjna area. Still great food and great atmosphere. And it still feels like a small family restaurant. Well done!

1 Thank RAF3546
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“No Vampires”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

really good food, full of garlic and exactly as ordered, service was attentive but not overbearing, we will be back

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“What has happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was my second visit to Ciao, my first was at the previous location and it was wonderful. This how ever was far from it. When my friend and I arrived it was 6:30 and we were sat right away. It took a few minutes for our overly energetic waitress to find her way to us. She got us water and didn't even ask if we wanted anything from the bar just jumped straight into what we wanted to order. After getting our wine and ordering our food came out fast, to fast. We had no time to socialize. I order some sort of pasta with clams which was terrible it tasted like the noodles had been sitting there ready to order, the sauce tasted like bland melted butter, my clams were flavorless and had a gritty taste to them. My friend said her food was just ok. The waitress came over and say the bill on our table without even asking if we were interested in desert. We just paid the bill. I felt as if I was in a cattle farm being herded and rushed. It wasn't a nice sit down dinner it was a rushed dinner to get onto the next table. Ciao has lost what was special. It's all about flipping the tables now. We went over to fantastic fudge and got dessert which I can promise you was better thank anything ciao would have provided.

3 Thank cmk2011