“Beachfront food”
Review of Sandy Bottoms Beach Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Sandy Bottoms Beach Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Amelia Island's only TRUE restaurant that is located directly on the beach and has oceanfront dining where you can put your toes in the sand. There is a large covered patio right on the the beach, tables in the sand, and the Ocean Oasis Beach Bar that has the only unobstructed view of the beach and ocean on the island. There is live entertainment on the patio almost every night, featuring everything from Reggae to original music by some of the best local artists in town.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We enjoyed either lunch or dinner at this very convenient location. There is live music with a variety that was refreshing and not overwhelming

Reviewed April 12, 2014

It's your typical Florida beachside bar. It's conveniently located when you're hanging at the beach and don't feel yet like going home. You are welcome here with your sandy bottom, and that's part of its charm. But don't expect the food or service to be astounding. It's fine as long as you stick with the basics.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Ok. I primarily love it because when I stay at the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge next door, I can walk down the beach to the Sandy Bottoms, sit at their very long bar that overlooks the ocean, have a quiet dinner and a beer, and then not worry about drinking and driving. As a solo traveler, I do worry a bit more about such things when I travel and so walking distance to my hotel does sometimes factor into my decision about where to eat. However, the bar food at Sandy Bottoms is simple, good, and delicious. One night I had a bowl of chili--not great but pretty good on a cold, windy night. Four days later I hit the jackpot--six grilled shrimp, a side of kettle potato chips, and a Newcastle beer for under $20. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and I felt right at home here. What I originally thought might be a cheap dive with lots of drunk twenty-somethings turned out, at least at 7 pm, to instead be full of families and older couples. Who knew? And the gal who was the bartender took great care of me. I think the place gets younger and noisier later in the week and in the evening but for an early dinner, with a great ocean view, this is the place. You can also sit outside and there is free public parking nearby. Dress is really casual (flip-flops, jeans, shorts, t-shirts). And if you stay at the Lodge or the hotel nearby, it's a great alternative to driving into town.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Restaurant has a nice area to see the ocean from. It is right on the beach. That is the high point. The service was mediocre. The servers themselves were very pleasant. Tables close together and plastic chairs outside. Food was not bad, but not that good.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We walked in and sat ourselves. A waitress came over quickly and gave us a menu and took our drink order. She returned with our drinks and took our order and that was the last we saw her for a good 1/2 hour. When she then told us our food would be out shortly. I watched as two couples came in after us ordered their food and left just as we were being served. I thought I would just order a burger asking for the lettuce, onion and pickle on the side. Didn't happen. The burger was okay, but the bun was stale. My husband ordered the "crabbie bites" which came out as burnt crab cakes - though he did say that the filling was good. Would go back, but not for food. Very disappointed in the service too.

1  Thank m_baConnecticut