“Friendly service but not great sushi” 3 of 5 bubbles

Fancy Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Cleveland, Ohio
“Friendly service but not great sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Even though I just ordered carry-out, the staff was extremely friendly and even offered me and my son some complimentary soup while we were waiting. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the sushi as much as I did the people. My spicy tuna roll had barely a sliver of tuna and the crunchy filling was so salty, I couldn't eat more than a couple of bites. My California roll also had very little flavor. I did enjoy my avocado roll, as the avocado was generous and very fresh. Their soy sauce was so salty that I couldn't even stand it. I will try an alternative sushi establishment on my next trip to Amelia/Fernandina.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please go to this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

My wife, 20 month old daughter and I went to this restaurant while vacationing at Amelia Island. This was a great place to go out for a nice, casual and normal dining experience. This place is not touristy, but seemed more of a place that the locals attend. I got the sense that everyone eating there were locals. The inside of the establishment is very nice and it has a comfortable vibe. It is definitely a place you can take kids, but I saw a lot of couples out to dinner.

The food is great, the service is really fast, and the people that work there are all very friendly. We did get a complimentary appetizer and dessert which was a pleasant surprise. The sushi was all fresh and tasted great. The prices are very reasonable as well. I love sushi and could eat every day. I promise this place will not disappoint you.

I recommend Fancy Sushi especially if you are looking to break out of the "touristy" restaurant experience. This was my second time at Amelia Island and I have been to most of the nicer restaurants and I would rate this restaurant as the best. I hope that this place gets a lot of business because I'd like to go back the next time we are in Amelia Island.

Amelia Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

My family and I went there.. Horrible service, over crowded, never got drinks, sushi was not fresh, and the service was not friendly. Will not go back again.

1 Thank April1257
Fernandina Beach
“Awesome Sushi, Awesome Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Fancy Sushi is by far my favorite sushi establishment in the Jacksonville Area. I have been to many of the sushi restaurants both in Fernandina/Yulee and in Jacksonville. The staff and Fancy Sushi are superb and they are always giving you things to eat (and drink) for free. On a typical night you can expect to get a bowl of clear soup and fried crab stick with shrimp sauce before your meal for free. I have also been served a free beer, martini and fried oreo cookies for desert from time to time. Beyond loving the free stuff they give you, the sushi is excellent. It is never chewy and always stays together nicely. The quality of the ingredients are very hight. I suggest the Hwy 17 roll - crab stick, salmon, shrimp and cream cheese roll deep fried with a spicy sauce on top - its amazing.

GA
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

This is THE BEST SUSHI I HAVE EVER HAD ! Everyone is SO NICE and They don't charge u for every Little thing instead they Always give u new things to try.BUT THE FOOD IS SO SO SO WONDERFUL! I WISH I WAS THERE NOW...I love it