“Great sushi, great service, great with kids too!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fancy Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Miami
“Great sushi, great service, great with kids too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

We were visiting Amelia island and wanted a change of pace from resort food. Worth the short 15 minute drive. Sushi was fresh, rolls were creative and reasonably priced. Servers were very friendly and great with our small children. We look forward to returning on future trips.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

My wife and I visit Fancy Sushi on a regular basis. The atmosphere is great, the food is outstanding, and the customer service is impeccable! At the end of the meal, ask for the Fried Oreo, it's awesome!

• Visited February 2011
Fernandina Beach
“Found HAIR in my Food, highly advise not visiting this restaurant.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

This place does have good food. But when I went there i had terrible service and found a hair in my rice. When i told the waitor he could not even understand what i was saying. Nevertheless we never went back again and I would advise you not to either. It is unacceptable for a resturant to have hair in their food. And it was not the kind of hair from someones head.

• Visited May 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Lively atmosphere, attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

We usually patronize another Japanese restaurant, but thought in the interest of fairness to give this place a try. We were promptly greeted and seated, drink order taken. We were served bowls of soup before our order was placed. This was not a miso style soup, but a clear broth with green onion and tempura bits. The flavor was pleasing. We ordered, hubby a hibachi style dish, I ordered my usual chirashi. My hubby usually prefers a bento style meal but none available on the menu. I use chirashi (raw fish slices over sushi rice) to gauge the freshness and artistic ability in presentation. We were served a complimentary hot surimi appetizer, which was quite tasty. Also, "mamasan" was sending around complimentary drinks. We ordered salmon skin/cucumber roll, and spicy tuna roll. Both were average.
Hubby enjoyed his hibachi chicken (which came with a salad) but for some reason, my chirashi didn't include a salad (even though it is offered with that selection on the menu). Mamasan offered to serve a salad after realizing that I wasn't served one, but I declined, as my chirashi had already arrived. This was where I was somewhat disappointed. It was basically a sashimi dinner plate, raw fish slices on one side, rice heaped on the other side. Fish slices were rather chunky, and not sliced to best appreciate the flavor of the fish.
Prices were about the same as our preferred establishment.
All in all, a good dining experience, but we'll probably stick to our quiet little corner restaurant, there's comfort in familiarity. But this restaurant is also very good, and if you like a little more "action" this would be your kind of place!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“love the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

Fancy sushi is my favorite restaurant of all time, the services is great, all the workers are very friendly, the food is great as always, and very fresh, and the atmosphere is beautiful.