“AMELIA ISLAND”
Review of Seaside Amelia Inn

Seaside Amelia Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at The Seaside Amelia Inn. The staff was good with any questions and helping. We liked our room, except for not having a balcony room that was requested at the time of our reservation. But Olivia was very nice and made things right for the mix up. The breakfast was good and the cook was fantastic. Our room was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was extremely clean and the staff was excellent! Cleaner than 5 star hotels I've stayed at. We stayed in a poolside room which was cheaper than the oceanfront rooms and we still had a beautiful view of the ocean and a balcony!!! The ocean was literally steps away from the hotel and the historic district with shops and restaurants less than a 5 min drive. This truly is a great location on the beach as well with the state park just north of the hotel. Breakfast in the morning was delicious with made to order eggs. We could not have stayed at a better location on the island.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lammiedr
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay in May 2014. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They made recommendations on places to visit (Fort Clinch State Park, historic downtown) and we thoroughly enjoyed both. Rooms and lobby were fresh, clean and beachy, Parking in underground lot was ample and the beach, though open to the public, had plenty of space and was very clean. I plan to return!

Room Tip: Petite room (not suite) on 2nd floor facing the pool but with a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allison G
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Unsure about choosing a hotel for my birthday getaway, this special gem put my worries away. From the first night to the last day, all of the staff at Seaside Amelia was exceptional. The room was very clean,and comfortable and also Pete's breakfast was excellent. Being a foot step from the ocean made this birthday getaway a very special memory and I would highly recommend this hotel for stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Troy F
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Let's start out with the positive, the General Manager was extremely nice and friendly. They advertise a continental breakfast but it is much more than a plain breakfast you get at other hotels. There was a very nice gentleman who cooked eggs to order, they had fresh bacon, sausage, grits, and oatmeal. There was also fresh squeezed OJ, not from a machine! That sums up the good.

We arrived early and were told it would be a little bit till our room was ready, check in was 4:00 and we arrived at 2:00. They told us they would call us when our room was ready. We didn't hear from them, and at 4:00 I went to the desk to see if our room was ready. I was told it was, so I went down to the garage and unloaded the car. I went to our room and it wasn't ready. So I had to maneuver the cart back down the already narrow hall filled with laundry and house keeping carts. Waited another 45 min till our room was ready. Finally in our room, turned on the AC's, one in each room. The one in the bedroom was so loud we could not get to sleep so we had to turn it off at night. The next day we asked if we could get it fixed or switch rooms, we already upgraded to a suite when we booked the room. We were informed we could not switch rooms, none available, and it would be until after we checked out to get someone to look at it. To get a hot shower you had to turn the knob to ONLY hot water and wait 5 minutes till it made it to the room. You didn't want to send a lot of time in the shower because there was mold all over it. Again asked if something could be done and was told it doesn't come off. We found coffee in the coffee pot from a previous guest, so it could be was and sanitized properly we put it on the table to be taken care of. We came back to the room and found that the housekeeper put the pot back into the coffee maker with the same coffee in it, disgusting!! The queen size bed barely fit into the room one side was so close to an inside corner of the room you had to climb across the bed to get in it. They advertised free WiFi, we were very happy to hear that, until we went to our room, when we could get connected the connection was so slow it reminded me of DSL, very, very slow. That about sums up our visit here, needless to say we will never recommend this hotel nor will we ever revisit it again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay at the Ritz-Carlton
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank deyos
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Seaside Amelia Inn over Shrimpfest weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The front desk staff make you feel so welcome and always have smiles on their faces.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with gorgeous views of the ocean.
Breakfast is included in your stay and includes made to order eggs, grits, pancakes and sausage along with other items available at the buffet. It was all delicious!
The location of the inn is ideal- situated on the ocean at Main Beach right next to an awesome beach restaurant Sandy Bottoms. We loved waking up in the morning to take long walks on the beach.
I highly recommend this hotel of you are planning on visiting Amelia Island!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank amers269
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We actually enjoy this place mainly because of the fact that it's on the beach, the rooms are nice, and Pete, the gentleman who cooks the wonderful breakfast. We've made this trip and stayed at this hotel for the past 5 Mother's Day weekends and have been happy overall. This trip was good but I only have 2 complaints. The first one is the noise level at night, especially in the lobby is the worst! The guy at the front desk seemed to be oblivious to it. We had to call and then actually go to the front desk to ask them to quiet down. The second complaint is the lackluster customer service. Being at the beach sometimes you can't help bringing the sand back into the room, especially if you have small ones. We ended up getting sand in the bed that for the life if me I could not shake out. So when housekeeping came around my husband requested that she change the sheets. The response we received was, "We don't change the sheets daily". I was quite aware that most hotels do this now but I felt that an exception should be made when it is requested by the guest and especially under these circumstances. So needless to say we had to go to the desk, request our own sheets and change our own bed. I did inform the lady at the desk of the reply we received when we asked housekeeping to change the linen and she didn't seem too concerned. For the most part I enjoyed my stay. The GM was friendly, the ladies and the desk were mostly accommodating and Pete was fabulous as usual. I love the remodel and over all we would stay again. But they definitely needs to work on customer satisfaction.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shavaun791
SeasideInnAmelia, General Manager at Seaside Amelia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Shavaun791, thank you for your recent visit and for spending your special Mother’s Day with us every year. I would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate incident that you experienced during your stay with us. We strive each day to exceed our guest's expectations throughout their stay and this time, unfortunately, we were unable to do so. As our valued guest, your feedback is very important to us. I will look into each issue that you have noted and will make every effort possible to correct this issue. Your feedback was also shared with our team and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Olivia Hoblit

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Seaside Amelia Inn? Share your experiences!