“HOTEL ADDS SURPRISE CHARGES”

Days Inn N Orlando/Casselberry
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fern Park
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel was ok, except for the fact that the hotel adds fees for various things in the room. I was told that they add fees for having #1, an In Room Safe #2 A Fridge #3 A Pull Out Sofa #3 A Microwave. Since when does a hotel charge for common things they add to make themselves more attractive such as furniture, a microwave or a fridge. Completely ridiculous. I will never stay here again and support such bad standards in the hotel industry. To stay here and support such things means it is ok for them to start charging you for your BED or TV next. The list is endless. Stop this nonsense and do yourself and your fellow travelers good by avoiding this hotel and booking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid to stop hotels to nickel and dime you to death
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Y B
shashan2009, Front Office Manager at Days Inn N Orlando/Casselberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Sorry sir for that Inconvenience but whenever you make reservation online it says on website

"Other charges may apply for local amenities like safe warranties and telephone access. Please check with the property for further details.

Local surcharges or services charges are not included in the total room rate. Local taxes may be additional. Please note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change. Please check with the property for further details."

Sir when you got in room you should cal front desk right away that we can offer a new room and we can take further step to prove our management.

Thank you so much sir but whenever you come next time we will provide you better service with better quality

Ritesh

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Looks can be deceiving, I stumbled upon this gem when my sleeping arrangements for a stay in Orlando fell through. It looked somewhat rough on the outside, but I trusted the Tripadvisor reviews I pulled up from my phone while sitting in the parking lot pondering whether or not to give it a try.
The exterior looks a little worn, obviously age is a factor, but the rooms were great. Super clean and comfy beds. The only ding i'd give is the in room AC unit made weird noises several times through out the night.
The front desk staff was extremely courteous as well. A true diamond in the rough for hotel and extremely cheap rates.. so it was a true surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much. we will see our ac problem. we will look for you forward next time

Ritesh

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I book this hotel thur orbitz, and it look that orbitz and I didn't do the home work on this hotel. It's a very old place and is not very best place to stay for the night.They charge a fee on top of the price! Now if you arrvire late at night you will have to stand out side by a window with a hole on it,with paper sign with the do's and don'ts and half of the time the hotel clerk is on the phone.Then after check in they give a room with out a veiw on the 3rd floor. before that I had a hard time,with the key card,the door was jam up and I had to give a kick to open it, inside the room was flash back from 70's.things look very old,bathroom smell and the wall were dirty by the waste can,toilet seat needed to be replace and room rug is dirty and it smell due to the fact of a a/c leck. the beds lining look unclean and T.V. remote didn't work. forgetabout the free wi-fi,dosn't work back there in the room with out a veiw. I took pics.when to the manager told him about the room issue,but he didn't care.People bewarned don't stay at this hotel,don't book on orbitz thx.u.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Raul H
Reviewed July 10, 2012

hotel is a little old, but is super clean,,,no noise. water is hot,,,service was excellent,,,I will stay here again anythime...My name is Manny and I recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed for one night and at check out, there were addons beyond the original price and the addons caveat. The clerk shrugged and could not explain. When we arrived home, and checked my credit card statement there was an additional addon. Original $56 price ballooned to $80. I reached the manager who said he did not have the time to discuss the problem. Of course, it will end up a credit card dispute in my favor but who wants to go through this for a weekend vacation? I am a frequent visitor to North Orlando and Days Inn (all of them) are off my list. Buyer beware!!!

Free Wifi is fine when it works. Extremely sporadic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our room was at the back of the motel. Wi-Fi did not work. A call to the desk informed us that it's because we were so far away and is a common problem. The clerk was aware I planned to go online, after all I just asked for the password. Why couldn't we had be given the necessary cable to get online then instead of having to trek to the front office after getting settled in? Now, to get some ice. For us it was from the back of the first floor to the front of the second floor. Bad enough, but one needs tokens to operate the ice dispenser. So back to the office for tokens which should had been given to us with the Wi-Fi cable when we checked in. The beds were soft and springy. Don't sit on the edge because one chances slipping off. At breakfast the danishes were not fresh and the apple juice was some very dark liquid that tasted like something else. I didn't drink it. Stay again? No.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

One of the best motels I stayed in. Extremely nice customer service. They go out of their way for the customers. Give you that homely feeling. I highly recommend this hotel as it is one of the most reliable in Orlando. They are trustworthy and give you reasonable rates. Rooms are really clean and spacey.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fern Park
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#7 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
#9 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive

Been to Days Inn N Orlando/Casselberry? Share your experiences!