“EXCELLENT FROG LEGS!!!!!”

Marsh Landing Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Fellsmere
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grant
“EXCELLENT FROG LEGS!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great unique little establishment. Husband had the bone-in catfish and I had a large serving of Fellsmere's finest....with hush puppies, slaw, and tasty collard greens....YUM!!!!! Our friends had the liver and onions and they said it was good. Full bar and a really good bluegrass ensemble on Thursday nights....can't beat it!!!! We'll be back!!!

• Visited May 2014

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Fantastic Easter Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I had an early Easter dinner at Marsh Landing. We did not have reservations and were prepared to wait for a table; however, we were seated promptly even though the restaurant was quite busy.

Our waitress, Robyn was friendly and efficient. All of our meals were served warm and were very good. I had the most amazing caramel banana pudding for dessert!

Vero Beach, Florida
“Great Food and Service, We'll be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I recently had a great time at Marsh Landing.

We were quickly greeted at the front door and seated. Your first reaction when you walk in the door is to explore all of the decorations. There are tons of great things to see on every wall, shelf, and any other place they can find!

The food was excellent. The only problem was trying to pick something, everything on the menu sounded so good. I selected the meat loaf, my wife had a chef salad, and our kids had pork chops and a burger. Everybody enjoyed their food, I know I will be getting the pork chops next time.

The service was just as great as the food. Our server was very friendly and did a fantastic job. I think her name was Robin. She suggested we start with a sampler appetizer. This was a great way to try some of their unusual foods, such as the frog legs! I'm not a big fan, but our kids liked them! Our drinks and food were delivered quickly and if we needed refills or anything else our sever was right there. I never had to ask for a refill on my tea, it just appeared when I was ready!

My family and I will definitely be back to enjoy the great food and service.

Sebastian
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Absolutely the Best food I've ever had, and wonderful service. I just read a review by a woman Kathryn, well let me say this, I sat at the table next to her and she complained about everything, from service to her personal life. COMPLAINER. As I said we had a wonderful experience, great food, great service. Will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
Vero Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Before going to this restaurant I read some of the reviews and had a few concerns. My mother had been there before and said the food was good.

Easter Sunday: We arrived at approximately 3pm and the restaurant did not appear to be that busy as there was an abundance of empty tables. We waited for approximately five minutes to be seated while the cashier attended to a departing guest. I spotted some friends, I told the cashier we would join them. Apparently the cashier was also the hostess.....Easter Sunday, you should have had two positions!!

Upon joining my friends, who had already completed their meal, I asked how their meal was. One lady just looked at me, for about one minute, crab cakes - cold, would not order again. I should note that her obviously "I'm done!" plate was sitting in front of her. We ordered iced tea which was served up very quickly. Our order was taken for Prime Rib and a salad. The meal was wonderful. Just a couple of issues....Mom was not able to finish her salad as the main course flew out of the kitchen by a male server. The "buss girl" cleared our salad plates and we told her about the "I'm done" plate....she left it there!! Upon finishing our meal, I asked Mom if she wanted dessert, it was a wonderful rich coconut cream pie. The waitress took our order, went back to the kitchen, empty handed, to get our pie; it was delivered with our "dirty plates" still in front of us. So was the "I'm done" plate. WTH.

I'm sitting here wondering what the hell happened to customer service. During our meal, the waitress never came back to check on us; the ladies who were there an hour before us said she never checked on them either; they had to ask four different staff members for their hush puppy order before someone got the hint; they loved the lemonade, but were not offered a refill or dessert for that matter.

Waitressing was my first job and I loved my tips - what happened to up selling to get that bill a little higher; what happened to tending to your customers for a nice tip. It seems today's waiters and waitress have been spoiled by having someone else serve and clear of their tables. And where are the name tags?? For me, your tip is the minumum. You lose!!

In closing, a young lady did come to our table and apologized. No clue who she was. She did thank us for our comments and stated they can't fix a problem if they don't know about it. I guess I can only say.....read your reviews.....poor service and various comments about the food. Will I be back, I don't think so.

1 Thank Kathryn K